ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer x-live recording card  (Read 41584 times)

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Behringer x-live recording card
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2018, 12:40:58 AM »

That is a bug. Care to share the model of your cards?

I have two of the same model SDXC card that give a "System Error 6" when attempting to erase using the x32.
The model is Sandisk Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-1 Class 10 64GB. I'm using it with the included adapter. When it's not formatted to FAT32, the X32 shows the "Format" option but when selected, throws the "System Error 6" message. After the card is formatted to FAT32, the X32 shows the "Erase" option but throws the same error.

Jay Marr

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2018, 09:37:14 AM »

That is a bug. Care to share the model of your cards?
Sounds strange. Need to investigate...
I know of at least one guy who is currently writing an x-live—>wav64 utility. Shouldn’t be too long I guess since behringer have published the session format.

For a quick conversion I use Reaper. Drag all of the wav files into the reaper timeline. Make sure that all of them are selected and then execute the explode tracks option. This will give you all 32 tracks in perfect and seemless sync.

SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 SDXC UHS-1
When I try to delete a session, I get that same "System Error 6" message....but it then does delete the file.

Let me know if you need me to fire up my rack and take some screen shots.

Thanks!

On the Reaper topic:
So Reaper will read it multiple files from a single session, and time align them appropriately?
If that's the case...very cool.
Is there an easy way to then export from Reaper?
Appreciate your help here.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2018, 09:42:56 AM »

On the Reaper topic:
So Reaper will read it multiple files from a single session, and time align them appropriately?
If that's the case...very cool.
Is there an easy way to then export from Reaper?
Appreciate your help here.

Yes, and Yes....

Reaper allows you to make presets for your export functions with a wide range of options.  In Reaper-Speak you are using the "Render" function.  You can render each track to it's own file with a wide variety of file conversion and naming conventions.  You can also render an automated mix at the same time as well as rendering group mixes of various combinations of tracks using various combinations of automation.  The possibilities are kinda endless...
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Jay Marr

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2018, 01:09:06 PM »

Yes, and Yes....

Reaper allows you to make presets for your export functions with a wide range of options.  In Reaper-Speak you are using the "Render" function.  You can render each track to it's own file with a wide variety of file conversion and naming conventions.  You can also render an automated mix at the same time as well as rendering group mixes of various combinations of tracks using various combinations of automation.  The possibilities are kinda endless...

It can read in multiple 4 gig files (from a single session), explode them into individual tracks, time align the multiple files from a single session, and I can store a template to export (render) into individual (now full length) WAV files....now you're talking!

I will check it out when I get home tonight.  Thank you.

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2018, 01:14:11 PM »

It can read in multiple 4 gig files (from a single session), explode them into individual tracks, time align the multiple files from a single session, and I can store a template to export (render) into individual (now full length) WAV files....now you're talking!

I will check it out when I get home tonight.  Thank you.

yup.

The good news is you can do almost anything with Reaper.  The bad news is you can do almost anything with Reaper.  :)

It can be a bit daunting at first because of all the options.  But there are GREAT tutorials on YouTube, which is how i grokked it all.

Good Luck!
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2018, 11:19:12 PM »

SanDisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 SDXC UHS-1
When I try to delete a session, I get that same "System Error 6" message....but it then does delete the file.

Mine does not delete the file after the "System Error 6" message.
I also tried the "Delete Session" option. Of two sessions, it says it cannot find one and doesn't say anything when trying to delete the 2nd. Neither results in a deleted session.

I'm pointing out this issue not because I'm concerned about it or think it's a fault. It's clearly documented that SDHC is the supported format. I plan on using only supported 32GB SDHC cards typically. I'm just trying to suss out all compatibility options in case I need to use an SDXC at some point.

Jay Marr

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2018, 11:39:11 PM »

Mine does not delete the file after the "System Error 6" message.
I also tried the "Delete Session" option. Of two sessions, it says it cannot find one and doesn't say anything when trying to delete the 2nd. Neither results in a deleted session.

I'm pointing out this issue not because I'm concerned about it or think it's a fault. It's clearly documented that SDHC is the supported format. I plan on using only supported 32GB SDHC cards typically. I'm just trying to suss out all compatibility options in case I need to use an SDXC at some point.

I get the same messages...but then a couple seconds later, the file disappears.
I then delete a second session...same messages, then file disappears in a couple seconds.
And so on...

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2018, 02:58:48 PM »

Incidentally, mine was purchased from the "Candy-sending online retailer" and received yesterday.
I'll post the results on the dummy long term 256GB recording test.

After that, I'll post the results of 6 hours of real audio recording for my Jan 26th gig.

If you don't mind me asking when did you order yours?  I preordered mine November 20th and haven't seen it yet. Today is my birthday and I had hoped it would show up!

Douglas R. Allen

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2018, 03:22:45 PM »

If you don't mind me asking when did you order yours?  I preordered mine November 20th and haven't seen it yet. Today is my birthday and I had hoped it would show up!

I know you weren't asking me directly, but I ordered mine on 11/3 from candyland and received it on 1/16.

Douglas R. Allen

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »

I know you weren't asking me directly, but I ordered mine on 11/3 from candyland and received it on 1/16.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully mines only 17 days away! Its odd because I've seen in other groups people who have ordered theirs just this month and have them now. Maybe the size of the order has something to do with it.
Regardless thanks again.

Douglas R. Allen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2018, 04:00:35 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.