ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer x-live recording card  (Read 41563 times)

Will "GLiDE" Mims

Re: Posting Rules
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 07:15:06 PM »

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

That cool or do I need to lose the nickname that I'm known by as much as my first name?  Just let me know.  Totally overlooked the real name thingy.

:)

Will "GLiDE" Mims

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »

Recording is at 18h 43m 23s and some frames...  8)

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 09:07:04 PM »

That cool or do I need to lose the nickname that I'm known by as much as my first name?  Just let me know.  Totally overlooked the real name thingy.

:)
You're good. Here on the PSW, we pride ourselves on being civil and standing behind what we say. Alluding to nicknames (like you did) is just fine-- we just don't hide behind a fully anonymous pseudonym!

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Will "GLiDE" Mims

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2018, 10:43:18 PM »

You're good. Here on the PSW, we pride ourselves on being civil and standing behind what we say. Alluding to nicknames (like you did) is just fine-- we just don't hide behind a fully anonymous pseudonym!

-Ray

Cool! Just want to be compliant.  I'm the guy that reads the instruction manual as a last resort... Hehehe

Update:
Continuous recording time:
22h 08m 23s and counting

Will "GLiDE" Mims

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 11:53:41 PM »

Finally ran out of space.

Displayed an error about SD card running out of space.  I can play the file back all the way to the end in the X32.  I have not put the SD card in the laptop to pull the files yet.  I'll probably wait until tomorrow to do that.  Getting late here on the East Coast USA...  aCk!!!  :o

256GB single SDXC
23h:10m:27s:76f     in 16ch record mode.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:05:58 AM by Will "GLiDE" Mims »

Scott Bolt

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2018, 10:12:35 AM »

-Ray
Absolutely.  If you say it, you have to own it ;)

Corey Scogin

• Birmingham, AL, US
Re: Behringer x-live recording card
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2018, 05:21:21 PM »

I just took my Lexar 256GB card from my 4K camcorder and formatted it last night FAT32.
X32 showed the correct hours (over 11h for 32ch, over 23h for 16ch).

To add a little more info to the SDHC vs SDXC conversation:
In my testing, the X32 will record on, but not format or erase an SDXC card. SDHC is fully compatible with all functions as specified.

Interestingly, the menu item changes from "Format SD" to "Erase SD" when using an SDXC card instead of an SDHC but it errors when trying to erase the SDXC.

@Robert Lofgren, can you provide some insight into why the "Erase" option is there and in what circumstances the X32 will erase but not format a card?

So, even if using SDXC cards for the space, it may be useful to keep a couple of SDHC cards handy in case you need to format or erase one and you don't have a computer nearby.

Jay Marr

« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2018, 05:51:12 PM »

In my testing, the X32 will record on, but not format or erase an SDXC card. SDHC is fully compatible with all functions as specified.

Interestingly, the menu item changes from "Format SD" to "Erase SD" when using an SDXC card instead of an SDHC but it errors when trying to erase the SDXC.

@Robert Lofgren, can you provide some insight into why the "Erase" option is there and in what circumstances the X32 will erase but not format a card?

So, even if using SDXC cards for the space, it may be useful to keep a couple of SDHC cards handy in case you need to format or erase one and you don't have a computer nearby.

I'm using a 64g SDXC card and I still have the 'Format SD' option (and I used it successfully on 2 cards)
Deleting a session is a little quirky though.  It seems like nothing happens, they you tap somewhere else and get an error message saying it couldn't delete.  But 1 second later the session disappears (so the delete did work).
It's a little odd, but it works.

If anyone can find a fast way to explode the multi channel WAV, and 'combine' the multiple chunks of a single session, I'd love to hear it.
It's been a complete PITA trying to get these files into my DAW.  Making me think that going back to taking my laptop and tracking straight to my DAW is a much better option.

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2018, 06:39:43 PM »

It should be able to erase the card. Can you share the model of the card?

Formatting a sdxc into something other than exFAT is a breach of the sdcard association licensing program that the x-live is using, so as soon as a sdxc is detected the format option had to be removed to comply.

The ‘erase’ feature was a way to at least empty a sdxc if it had any data/garbage or hidden files on it. You can always erase individual sessions from the x32.
[/quote]

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2018, 06:45:08 PM »

I'm using a 64g SDXC card and I still have the 'Format SD' option (and I used it successfully on 2 cards)
That is a bug. Care to share the model of your cards?

Deleting a session is a little quirky though.  It seems like nothing happens, they you tap somewhere else and get an error message saying it couldn't delete.  But 1 second later the session disappears (so the delete did work).
It's a little odd, but it works.
Sounds strange. Need to investigate...

If anyone can find a fast way to explode the multi channel WAV, and 'combine' the multiple chunks of a single session, I'd love to hear it.
It's been a complete PITA trying to get these files into my DAW.  Making me think that going back to taking my laptop and tracking straight to my DAW is a much better option.
I know of at least one guy who is currently writing an x-live—>wav64 utility. Shouldn’t be too long I guess since behringer have published the session format.

For a quick conversion I use Reaper. Drag all of the wav files into the reaper timeline. Make sure that all of them are selected and then execute the explode tracks option. This will give you all 32 tracks in perfect and seemless sync.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:47:36 PM by Robert Lofgren »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2018, 06:45:08 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.