ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer x-live recording card  (Read 41549 times)

Daniel Levi

Re: Behringer x-live recording card
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 05:26:54 AM »

I believe it's all down to using FAT32 for the file system which on SDXC cards is generally not used, instead exFAT is used. I believe there are difficulties in formatting some cards to FAT32 so that could be the problem.
I'm guessing if you can format the card to FAT32 then it MIGHT work but there are some other differences which might also cause problems.

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Jay Marr

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2018, 10:10:49 PM »

I made a FAQ a while ago and should answer most of your questions...

https://forum.musictri.be/showthread.php?20181-FAQ-for-the-X-Live-Recording-and-Playback-card-for-the-x-m32-line-of-mixers

Candy has arrived, going to dive into your resource center now!

*Edit - Drew's videos are super helpful for quick set up!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 01:55:55 PM by Jay Marr »

Rusty Stevens

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »

Partition size limit for FAT32 is 32Gig

I believe it's all down to using FAT32 for the file system which on SDXC cards is generally not used, instead exFAT is used. I believe there are difficulties in formatting some cards to FAT32 so that could be the problem.
I'm guessing if you can format the card to FAT32 then it MIGHT work but there are some other differences which might also cause problems.

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Jay Marr

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 09:21:44 AM »

Partition size limit for FAT32 is 32Gig

There is a thread on the Behringer forum about this.
You can download:  AOMEI partition standard edition 6.6
This tool allows you to format a 64 Gig card as FAT32 (and it still reads as 64 gig).

I did this 2 nights ago and it worked perfectly.

I did some sample recording to ensure the card worked properly.
I set my card to record 16 tracks and (in the x32 app) it shows I have 5 hours and 41 minutes of track time.

There are others stating on that other thread that they have done the same thing and have tracked over 4 hours successfully.

Will "GLiDE" Mims

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 10:05:31 AM »

There is a thread on the Behringer forum about this.
You can download:  AOMEI partition standard edition 6.6
This tool allows you to format a 64 Gig card as FAT32 (and it still reads as 64 gig).

I did this 2 nights ago and it worked perfectly.

I did some sample recording to ensure the card worked properly.
I set my card to record 16 tracks and (in the x32 app) it shows I have 5 hours and 41 minutes of track time.

There are others stating on that other thread that they have done the same thing and have tracked over 4 hours successfully.

I just took my Lexar 256GB card from my 4K camcorder and formatted it last night FAT32.
X32 showed the correct hours (over 11h for 32ch, over 23h for 16ch).

I started a dummy recording (16ch) and am letting it run for close to 23h before I'll kill it.
It had already clocked over 6 hours this morning and time was still counting up/down for
time recording/time left on SD card.

It's a Lexar Class 10 rated up to 95MB/s read/write transfer speed.
I think Behringer will not officially support it due to SD card standards for manufacturers, but
if the user gets it to work, more power to them.  They may support SDXC in future firmware
revisions, but I doubt it.

If it makes 23h+ recording, I'll post the results.  Next gig, I'll slap it on record before we start and
not stop it to break it into sessions.  That should give me over 6 hours of real time recording of
actual 16ch audio when I do that.  I'll make sure there are no glitches in audio.  Will probably
run it 32ch mode to stress it as much as possible even though we'll only have actual musical audio
on 16ch.

Will "GLiDE" Mims

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2018, 10:19:32 AM »

I just took my Lexar 256GB card from my 4K camcorder and formatted it last night FAT32.
X32 showed the correct hours (over 11h for 32ch, over 23h for 16ch).

I started a dummy recording (16ch) and am letting it run for close to 23h before I'll kill it.
It had already clocked over 6 hours this morning and time was still counting up/down for
time recording/time left on SD card.

It's a Lexar Class 10 rated up to 95MB/s read/write transfer speed.
I think Behringer will not officially support it due to SD card standards for manufacturers, but
if the user gets it to work, more power to them.  They may support SDXC in future firmware
revisions, but I doubt it.

If it makes 23h+ recording, I'll post the results.  Next gig, I'll slap it on record before we start and
not stop it to break it into sessions.  That should give me over 6 hours of real time recording of
actual 16ch audio when I do that.  I'll make sure there are no glitches in audio.  Will probably
run it 32ch mode to stress it as much as possible even though we'll only have actual musical audio
on 16ch.

Incidentally, mine was purchased from the "Candy-sending online retailer" and received yesterday.
I'll post the results on the dummy long term 256GB recording test.

After that, I'll post the results of 6 hours of real audio recording for my Jan 26th gig.

Jay Marr

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 11:26:51 AM »

Incidentally, mine was purchased from the "Candy-sending online retailer" and received yesterday.
I'll post the results on the dummy long term 256GB recording test.

After that, I'll post the results of 6 hours of real audio recording for my Jan 26th gig.

Right on.  I'm going to track both of my gigs this weekend and will report back on how it goes.

Also, the resources posted above by Robert were excellent.
The videos in there (by Drew) clearly illustrated how to update both firmwares and get everything routed properly.  I'm absolutely loving this!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 01:46:38 PM by Jay Marr »

Robert Lofgren

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2018, 12:21:47 PM »

A single session can only be max 24hrs. I have never tried to record something past that limit so I have to admit not knowing what happens if you leave it running for more than 24hrs.

Please tell me what happens if you ever try this...

Will "GLiDE" Mims

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 03:17:20 PM »

A single session can only be max 24hrs. I have never tried to record something past that limit so I have to admit not knowing what happens if you leave it running for more than 24hrs.

Please tell me what happens if you ever try this...

I won't know the answer to this one until I get my other SDXC cards I ordered since a single 256GB is only good
for a little over 23h recording time in 16 track mode.  hehehe.   8)

It was still going at lunch today and had clocked over 11h recording time in 16 track mode.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber