ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown "System Architect" ...what do I need?  (Read 9774 times)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Crown "System Architect" ...what do I need?
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 12:28:27 AM »

Thanks for all the great info.  Good point about not all limiters acting the same way.

In using the Crown spreadsheet, I came up with similar numbers (as Lee noted above).  It looks like the RMS numbers should be larger than what is displayed.

So, I tried setting the "suggested" RMS numbers in the Audio Architect software... well, the software does NOT support any attack/release setting below one (1) second for the RMS limiting.

I could probably use the larger values for RMS, but I'm concerned that could result in audio "pumping".

Am I doing something wrong with the software...?

Why don't you try it and find out?  Not hearing the limiter is part of the longer attack/release times.  You won't hear it "pump" unless you go from zero to FULL TILT BOOGIE and stay there for a bit, then return to zero and start over again.  I submit this is not going to be a factor with your program material.

Again, set up your rig and play some LIVE tracks, not mastered for iThingy or streaming stuff.  You want the typical dynamic range of the material in order to verify the sonic characteristic of your choices.  As I mentioned up thread I doubt you'll ever get into the RMS limiter, even set at 500 Watts.  Try it and see if I'm right, wrong, or somewhere in between...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Faulkner

• Raleigh, NC
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 06:05:21 PM »

Yep - I think the peak and RMS values are where they should be to do some testing.  I will be testing it later this week.  My experience with software controlled "devices" is very minimal; wanted to start out as close to an "acceptable" set of parameters as possible.

Thanks for the responses.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 06:05:21 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 24 queries.