ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me choose a sub woofer dxs18 vs jbl818xlf vs thomann 118a  (Read 16838 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Help me choose a sub woofer dxs18 vs jbl818xlf vs thomann 118a
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2017, 05:20:52 PM »

compared the rcf to two samsons today, the result was: 1 rcf sub needed to 3 samson. Icant believe the bass that comes from a single sub of almost the same size and weight. it just mind boggling.

also being able to adjust the high pass frequency has given a much better sound to our over all rig.

now we can do our dj gigs using one small van instead of two.

we are very happy with this purchase although they arnt cheap!

Thanks for the update - I am so happy you got something you really like. The RCF's have a very good reputation from what I hear and I don't doubt you will be completely satisfied going forward. ..
That being said I have a sneaking suspicion that your findings reflect more how inadequate the Samson subs are than how good the RCF's are.... and you would have had a similar result if you had compared the Samsons with either KW181's or PRX818xlf's.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Richard Penrose

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2017, 06:17:26 PM »

Thanks for the update - I am so happy you got something you really like. The RCF's have a very good reputation from what I hear and I don't doubt you will be completely satisfied going forward. ..
That being said I have a sneaking suspicion that your findings reflect more how inadequate the Samson subs are than how good the RCF's are.... and you would have had a similar result if you had compared the Samsons with either KW181's or PRX818xlf's.

Yes the Samson’s are pretty weak sounding subs and I would expect similar results with the KW181 and PRX818xlf.

andy foster

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2017, 07:12:21 PM »

yes im under no illusions about the comparison, but i needed to do it for myself while i still owned them.

the samsons are 500w rms wooden cabinet and where a great starting point, as time went on i got more second hand and ended up with 8 of them.

recently ive owned a set of jbl 835sp speakers so im completely onboard what expensive ish gear can do.

im not sure my prx712 speakers are going to keep up with these rcf, but ive not had the opportunity to do a max sound check yet as i thought my house was going to fall apart with a single rcf in my kitchen.

ill be out on the road with them very soon in some fairly big rooms and ill report back my findings.

i completely believe the specs at 30hz after todays testing, and what the guys in the shop were telling me, this rcf kills the yamaha dxs18 as it did in the store demo.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2017, 07:12:21 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.