ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Mic Boom Arm to wall mount Shure blade antennae  (Read 1810 times)

jesseweiss

Best Mic Boom Arm to wall mount Shure blade antennae
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:18:12 PM »

Right now I have the two Shure blades for the wireless system in my school theater mounted on mic stands.  Our booth is kind of crowded so I was thinking we could mount the blades on the wall above the windows on boom arms so we could pull them down when needed and fold them up when not. It would open up some floor space we could use.

Is there a particular mic boom arm that would work best for this?

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
Re: Best Mic Boom Arm to wall mount Shure blade antennae
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »

I don't see the benefit of being able to fold them when not in use. Is floor space that tight that you can't sacrifice a few inches above the windows? If that's the case, could you put the antennas higher?

A couple angle brackets or small shelf brackets would be an economical way to mount them to the wall. Use a 5/8" to 3/8" adapter on the antenna and a 3/8" bolt or machine screw to attach it to the bracket. It won't fold, but it looks and works just fine.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 12:42:48 PM »

I use an LP Claw for my paddles. A 1/2” pipe flange bolted to a wall with a few inches of pipe sticking out (for 2, buy a 6” threaded nipple and cut it in half). Clamp the claw to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »

Shure has a document with suggestions on mounting antenna.

Locate diversity receiver antennas a suitable distance apart. For diversity reception, the minimum separation for significant benefit is one-quarter wavelength. The effect improves somewhat up to a separation of about one wavelength. Diversity performance does not change substantially beyond this separation distance. However, in some large area applications, overall coverage may be improved by further separation. In these cases one or both antennas may be located to provide a shorter average distance to the transmitter(s) throughout the operating area.

Locate receiver antennas away from any suspected sources of interference. These include other receiver and transmitter antennas as well as sources mentioned earlier-digital equipment, AC power equipment, etc.

Mount receiver antennas away from metal objects. Ideally, antennas should be in the open or perpendicular to metal structures such as racks, grids, metal studs, etc. They should be at least one-quarter wavelength from any parallel metal structure. All antennas in a multiple system setup should be at least one-quarter wavelength apart.

With it mounted on a wall you will not know what is behind the wall so pick the mounting as 1/4 wavelength off the wall.   

jesseweiss

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 05:29:10 PM »

Thanks all. Solid ideas.

Yes floor space is that tight. It was very poorly planned, and kids running spots have to squeeze by as it is without the mic stands in the way.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 05:29:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 22 queries.