ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Xr18 software - Like it ?  (Read 11241 times)

John Chiara

Re: Xr18 software - Like it ?
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »

Another +1 for the Master Fader app (on iOS) over the B'ringer and Presonus app from  layout/workflow viewpoint.

I've used all three in the wild and really don't care of the B'ringer app. I've used it on Android and Windows as well and still don't care for it.  It was completely unstable on the andoid tablet I tested it out with and I had a instance of app freeze into feedback hell with it on iOS. Never used it live after that.  Presonus would just brick and require a reboot. I love the swipe feature on Master Fader for between channel movements and within channel movements. Kicks ass over both B'ringer and Presonus.

I have only tinkered around with online demo from the Ui app. Seems pretty decent.
Does Master Fader require you to swipe to get to different faders? I can't tolerate that feature in any app. XR has it...hate it.

Jay Marr

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 01:01:18 PM »

Does Master Fader require you to swipe to get to different faders? I can't tolerate that feature in any app. XR has it...hate it.

Yes, and that's not the worst feature.

Jay Marr

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 01:02:39 PM »

Wow a band that runs 16 tracks or more?  Wouldn't you call that actors?

I'm sure this is meant to be a sarcastic comment....but I don't get it.

Mal Brown

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 03:54:00 PM »

On a standard sized iPad, you get the faders for 1 through 8 plus Main or an Aux depending on the mix you are working with.  Swipe to the left exposes more of the sliders. 

If you put all 16 faders on an iPad sized display it would be unworkable from a dexterity stand point.

Now when you are 'in' a channel and working on the EQ or Gate
, Comp, EFx sends then swiping left or right takes you to the equivalent function for the adjacent channel.

Once you get the hang of the workflow it is awesomely easy ...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Mal Brown

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 03:57:14 PM »

I'm sure this is meant to be a sarcastic comment....but I don't get it.

Semantics I expect...  when you say tracks, we are thinking backing tracks.   Just a guess but I think you probably mean 'channels'.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Steve Garris

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 04:05:42 PM »

On a standard sized iPad, you get the faders for 1 through 8 plus Main or an Aux depending on the mix you are working with.  Swipe to the left exposes more of the sliders. 

If you put all 16 faders on an iPad sized display it would be unworkable from a dexterity stand point.

, Comp, EFx sends then swiping left or right takes you to the equivalent function for the adjacent channel.

Agree 100%. Is there a reason you are not considering the DL32?

I was reading this thread last night and decided to give the Midas MR18 a look. I love 4 effects engines, but the app looked pretty bad at first glance. Every time I research another board, I keep coming back to the Mackie, which I've been using for 5 years now.

John Chiara

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 07:20:47 PM »

Problems for me...
The swiping feature has 'ballistics'...meaning you swipe and it 'settles' in to a view...and you can't adjust anything during the settling window.
The channels often appear 'shifted' until you tap one and then they readjust to a 1-8...9-16 view. This is extremely disorienting as say ch10 can 'appear' to be in different places at different times..and they move!
I also HATE the apps where there are bus selectors on the right side that chooses what set of faders you are adjusting. Consoles like this are bad as well...A&H QU series for example. Many times I find I am adjusting a monitor send instead of FOH channels. I prefer a dedicated section button on the app to take me to different master sections to a permanent sends on faders default. A note in this...I live in X32/M32 at most of my installs and house gigs...as well as my freelance gigs...and a lot of mixers default to sends on faders for almost all adjustments. I often do numerous moves in rapid succession or simultaneously....such as adjusting an FX send during a guitar solo....and sends on faders disables my mixing ability.

Jay Marr

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »

Semantics I expect...  when you say tracks, we are thinking backing tracks.   Just a guess but I think you probably mean 'channels'.

Ah...now I get it.
I don't know why I said tracks instead of channels.

Maybe because my brain is hyper focused on getting the new X-SD Card for tracking on the X32s...

Mal Brown

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 10:13:01 PM »

Agree 100%. Is there a reason you are not considering the DL32?

I was reading this thread last night and decided to give the Midas MR18 a look. I love 4 effects engines, but the app looked pretty bad at first glance. Every time I research another board, I keep coming back to the Mackie, which I've been using for 5 years now.

I actually considered the dl32r - But in reality isn't is way more Board, well box than I need as a personal mixer - the u24 is too but less so and a ton less money.  If I need what the dl-32r offers, I can roll an SI 3 and 32x12 stagebox off the truck...

The ui24 is for me, mixing my band while playing bass and singing.  I will also take it out on corporate speech gigs, auction fund raisers, other talking head stuff.  Truth is a ui-16 would have worked for me but the Soundcraft re indicated that the new preamps in the 24 are worth the differential...  being a big fan of the SI boards due to the warmth, made it easier to step up...
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Alec Spence

• Herts, UK
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 08:46:22 AM »

Only in IOS.  No swiping in Windows/Android.  Both allow you to have all faders visible, albeit tight on small screens like phones.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2017, 08:46:22 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.