ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Generator OK for digital equipment?  (Read 17352 times)

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
Re: Generator OK for digital equipment?
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2017, 07:09:39 AM »

Looks like an SL100.

I'll be the devils advocate and say Apex.. 8) 8)

John Fruits

« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2017, 07:56:44 AM »

At least it isn't genie lifts and some truss with tarps.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2017, 11:25:26 AM »

I'll be the devils advocate and say Apex.. 8) 8)

I don't think so.  No truss for front and rear roof support, "I" truss on the roof edge (not what Apex uses), and the bracing is wrong for the current offerings from Apex.

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »

I don't think so.  No truss for front and rear roof support, "I" truss on the roof edge (not what Apex uses), and the bracing is wrong for the current offerings from Apex.
It is a sl100 as listed on the providers site.

I think they are nice as they don't look as "truck or trailer" as some of the older models. ( As a bluegrass guy, I have worked on flatbeds, cargo containers with sides cut out, piles of haybales, even an old boxcar)

I am not sure what was up with the leaking.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jay Barracato

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2017, 03:17:04 PM »

It is a sl100 as listed on the providers site.

I am not sure what was up with the leaking.

Any of the fold-out/up portable stages go through the wear and tear of repeated deployment....compounded by the flexing of the rig during transport.  The trade-off of structural integrity, robustness for light weight makes maintenance an issue, one that largely goes unaddressed.  Hydraulics, wheel bearings, brakes and such generally get attention.  Roof gasketing and the tolerances required to properly seal the wing joints of the roof...ehh...not so much.

After a few seasons these things start leaking and any proper maintenance gets shunted off to some nebulous future date because, "can't fix it when it's raining and when it ain't raining...no problem."

At least with the "T-rex" Show-mobiles, the leaks are all at the back wall.  The biggest problem then is that you can't use the trailer lighting or stage receptacles as the back wall pretty much fills with water, tripping all the breakers.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2017, 03:45:35 PM »

Any of the fold-out/up portable stages go through the wear and tear of repeated deployment....compounded by the flexing of the rig during transport.  The trade-off of structural integrity, robustness for light weight makes maintenance an issue, one that largely goes unaddressed.  Hydraulics, wheel bearings, brakes and such generally get attention.  Roof gasketing and the tolerances required to properly seal the wing joints of the roof...ehh...not so much.

+1 for this.  I'm in the Southwest.  I've had my stage for 4 years and it's only been rained on 4 times.  I didn't know it leaked until it rained!  I have worked on it and thought it was fixed, then I found new leaks!  Somehow, a water hose just isn't enough to detect the leaks.  I'm back working on it this week.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2017, 04:52:33 PM »

I think they are nice as they don't look as "truck or trailer" as some of the older models. ( As a bluegrass guy, I have worked on flatbeds, cargo containers with sides cut out, piles of haybales, even an old boxcar)

I am still given flat beds as a stage sometimes. Nothing like a 12ft deep stage..

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2017, 05:30:15 PM »

I am still given flat beds as a stage sometimes. Nothing like a 12ft deep stage..

You get 12 ft flatbeds?  You kids don't know how lucky you've got it.... back when I was a kid we only had 96 inch flatbeds! 
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2017, 11:48:48 PM »

Ya, gotta love that crack across the middle.......
Chris.
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2017, 07:25:45 AM »

You get 12 ft flatbeds?  You kids don't know how lucky you've got it.... back when I was a kid we only had 96 inch flatbeds!
I have done MANY a gig on 96" flat beds.  What a pain.  ESPECIALLY when they don't provide steps and you have to climb up and down every time.

That gets old REAL quick.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2017, 07:25:45 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.