ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Gym Speaker Setup - Project Completed merged  (Read 32945 times)

Scott Hibbard

Re: Mounting JBL CBT 1000 in gymnasium
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2018, 10:31:55 PM »

What is the GBF like with these?

Robert,

GBF on the CBT200's is nothing short amazing!  You can literally stand right in front of the speaker with a mic fairly wide open and produces no feedback.  As a safety, I always install a DSP with AFS (in this case dbx 220i).  This past weekend I just installed CBT200LA's and CBT100LA's in a very large church and again, absolutely no feedback with 3-4 mics open during the entire service (lapels, headworn, podium etc.)  This was even as I toggled AFS on/off during tuning sessions.  Check out the pics here: http://scotthibbardaudio.com/projectportfolio/stphilomenaschurch.html

Look carefully at the Crucifix - there you will see the CBT200LA's flanking left and right.  To the extreme l/r you will see the CBT100LA's as side fill.  The coverage front to back is impressive, and vocal clarity quite high. 

ScottH

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2018, 10:35:10 PM »

What is the GBF like with these?

Robert there is a 30 sec. video clip of the 200LA's in the gym at the top of this page:
http://scotthibbardaudio.com/projectportfolio/scotchplainsfanwoodhighschoolgym.html

ScottH

Robert Weaver

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2018, 11:18:46 PM »

Robert,

GBF on the CBT200's is nothing short amazing!  You can literally stand right in front of the speaker with a mic fairly wide open and produces no feedback.  As a safety, I always install a DSP with AFS (in this case dbx 220i).  This past weekend I just installed CBT200LA's and CBT100LA's in a very large church and again, absolutely no feedback with 3-4 mics open during the entire service (lapels, headworn, podium etc.)  This was even as I toggled AFS on/off during tuning sessions.  Check out the pics here: http://scotthibbardaudio.com/projectportfolio/stphilomenaschurch.html

Look carefully at the Crucifix - there you will see the CBT200LA's flanking left and right.  To the extreme l/r you will see the CBT100LA's as side fill.  The coverage front to back is impressive, and vocal clarity quite high. 

ScottH

I've attached a photoshoped photo of where the speaker will go and the SPL mapping from the CBT Calculator.  This system is a mono configuration with speech reinforcement in mind.  I'm only really targeting from mid court back to the bleachers. That was a challenge having to cover nearly 30 feet just to start the coverage area from the wall.  It's approximately 71' total from speaker to the back of the bleachers.  I was quite amazed with the calculations provided.  I'm only covering 30' from the center of the speaker side to side.  I may be stretching it a bit, but for our purpose and from what I've calculated it should do well.  Seeing how they didn't want speakers hanging all over and didn't want to spend $20K+ this was the only option that fit the criteria.  I'm actually excited to see what this system does.  I've been very impressed as others have with the Turbosound IP1000 we use for junior church.  I did consider add a sub, but held off for now.  We don't use bands or anything.  It's just a keyboard and the videos we play for the skits along with rally time. 

Robert Weaver

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2018, 11:22:11 PM »

I've attached a photoshoped photo of where the speaker will go and the SPL mapping from the CBT Calculator.  This system is a mono configuration with speech reinforcement in mind.  I'm only really targeting from mid court back to the bleachers. That was a challenge having to cover nearly 30 feet just to start the coverage area from the wall.  It's approximately 71' total from speaker to the back of the bleachers.  I was quite amazed with the calculations provided.  I'm only covering 30' from the center of the speaker side to side.  I may be stretching it a bit, but for our purpose and from what I've calculated it should do well.  Seeing how they didn't want speakers hanging all over and didn't want to spend $20K+ this was the only option that fit the criteria.  I'm actually excited to see what this system does.  I've been very impressed as others have with the Turbosound IP1000 we use for junior church.  I did consider add a sub, but held off for now.  We don't use bands or anything.  It's just a keyboard and the videos we play for the skits along with rally time.

Robert Weaver

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2018, 11:34:58 PM »

Robert,

ScottH

In the Hanover Park project are those the 70Js or 1000s?

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2018, 11:37:56 AM »

In the Hanover Park project are those the 70Js or 1000s?

Hanover Park is CBT70J-1/70JE-1.  The 1000 didn't exist when I did that install.

ScottH

Robert Weaver

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2018, 04:09:11 PM »

Hanover Park is CBT70J-1/70JE-1.  The 1000 didn't exist when I did that install.

ScottH

Thanks for all your insight! It has been very helpful and reassuring that the right decision was made.

Robert Weaver

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2018, 10:30:37 PM »

We are going to have a JBL CBT 1000+1000E installed in our gymnasium.  There are two options with one being obviously having the speaker rigged with aircraft cable to the ceiling structure.  However the other option is mounting to the wall with the supplied mounting brackets.  The speaker weight is right at 100lbs.  The wall constructions is metal studs with sheetrock. One either option the speaker will be within 2' of the wall.   The only concern is balls hitting the speaker.  I'm just curious as to which would be a better option for this speaker?  I've seen photos of the CBT 70J mounted on gym walls.  Just not sure if it's the safest option.  I've attached a Photoshop representation of where the speaker will go in the gym.  If mounting to the wall I thought about either having a unistrut option or anchoring some 3/4 birch plywood to the studs and using a toggle bolt option for the mounts.  If using unistrut it would need ot be like an 'I' formation.  The horizontal unistrut would be anchored to the studs and the vertical would be two parallel runs to anchor both wall brackets. Each mount has 6 M8 holes for mounting for a total of 12.

I've contacted Polar Focus about their mounting solutions.  They have a similar custom mount for the 70j.  Pretty much theirs would entail rigging chain and a spanner bar across two purlins.  Then a custom designed yoke to specifically find the 1000 + 1000E speaker. 

Robert Weaver

Re: Gym speaker setup
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2018, 10:16:49 PM »

I've sat down and put together a system that will work.  This system will scale down to the simplest of used to VBS which is very dynamic.  Even church services if we can't use our auditorium. It will pretty much run itself for most events.  It's a push button on/off sequence and turn a knob to increase or decrease the volume.  They wanted a permanent rack mounted on the wall that is locked. Our previous portable sound system rack was tipped over and busted by the roll up door between the gym and fellowship hall.  We don't really have the room to store the equipment away.  I've configured two options.  Each system will comprise of these common components:

(2-3) Dedicated 20 Amp circuits depending on speaker setup
(1) Lockable Rack Mount Rack
(1) Furman RS-2 Sequencing Switch
(1) Sequencing System
(1) Yamaha TF Rack
(3) Audio Technica System 10 Pro Dual Receivers
(4) Handheld mics
(2) Bodypack mics

Speaker system:

(1) Crown XTi 6002 paired with a single JBL CBT 1000+E with custom protecting cage

or

(2) Turbosound IP3000 portable speakers

A couple of the reasons I picked the TF rack was password protection and automixing.  I also like the fact that you don't need a computer to configure the device.  On the speaker selection flying speakers is NOT an option.  They want speakers on or in the wall.  I've already told them that the in wall speakers they had quoted originally wasn't going to work.  I'm also looking at the possibility of integrating this system specifically the mics and mixer into our junior church setup on one end of the gym.  We are currently using an Turbosound IP1000 with the old system rack.

Just to follow up.  All the equipment has been installed except for the speaker.  We are currently having Polar Focus fabricate a custom mounting kit.  So far everything has turned out fantastic! I want to thank everyone for all of their input and advice.

Nathan Riddle

• Niceville, FL
    • Nailed Productions
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2018, 10:59:50 PM »

They are afraid of speakers falling from being hit by balls.

Show them this video:
https://youtu.be/0d0NIqoIqBg

---

And I just realized this was an older thread... hah.

Thanks for the followup.  :)
I'm just a guy trying to do the next right thing.

This business is for people with too much energy for desk jobs and too much brain for labor jobs. - Scott Helmke

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2018, 10:59:50 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.