ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundcraft Expression SI Question  (Read 2403 times)

Steven Gregory

Soundcraft Expression SI Question
« on: September 30, 2017, 01:40:13 PM »

I'm not a pro sound guy, but I get the fundamentals.
I've been tasked with learning the new board for my band.
Soundcraft SI Expression 16.
Love the console. Most is clear. Right now I'm learning how to create subgroups.
I notice that the effects returns are not contained in the subgroup, but remain out on the L-R bus.
Is there a way to route those effects returns to the subgroub? seems like that's where they need to be.
I know, I know... another noob   ;)
Thanks all.

Ryan McLeod

Re: Soundcraft Expression SI Question
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:38:39 PM »

Hi Steven - you sure can. I find it easier to think all of the sends as ‘busses’, that can be configured as needed - each bus can be sent to the main outputs or it’s own outputs, and these busses can easily be sent to the matrix as well.

You would:
- press the SEL button above the FX return fader
- who’s this SEL is lit, press the LR button (to the left of/under the screen) , which would remove the effects return from the L/R bus
- select the bus you want to assign the effects to.
- bring the FX return fader up to your preferred level

If you want that BUS to be sent to the LR bus, select the group, then press the SEL button above the SEL/mono fader (far right of the desk) and select the LR Button bear the screen to assign it.

Remember that when in the bus,  if the fader glows YELLOW the level is PRE the mix fader level, and if it glows GREEN it will be POST the mic fader level

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask here or PM.

Steven Gregory

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 05:29:15 PM »

Thanks Ryan - worked like a charm

Michael Grimaila

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 09:28:43 PM »

This is not what you asked about, but may be helpful in the future:

If you want to place the effects master on the A layer...

Very easy.

1. Select Layer A
2. Select the channel you want to assign as the FX return. For example, I have the Expression 3 and suppose I wanted FX return on fader 30, I would select channel 30.
3. Press MENU
4. Press "FADER SETUP"
5. Scroll down to the "Assign Mono Input" line. Note that by default "Assign Mono Input" is set to "CH 30". You want to deassign it by selecting it and setting it to "Unassigned"
6. Scroll down to the "Assign Stereo Input" line. Select this and assign it to "ST 3". Note that the fader glows blue indicating its an FX return.

The FX returns are ST3 (FX1), ST4 (FX2), ST5 (FX3), and ST6 (FX4). ST1 and ST2 correspond to the inserts on the back of the board.

That is it!

Michael
Behringer X32 / X32 Rack
Soundcraft Si Expression 3 / Soundcraft Mini Stage Box 32 / Soundcraft MADI USB & Dual CAT5 & Dual Optical MADI cards
6 x Sennheiser EW300 G3 / Sennheiser EW572 G3 / Sennheiser EW365 G3 / Sennheiser EW352 G3
2 x Yamaha DSR115 / 2 x QSC KW 118

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 09:28:43 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 26 queries.