ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Button covers?  (Read 1087 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Button covers?
« on: October 04, 2017, 08:33:25 pm »

What have you guys used to cover buttons that shouldn't get pressed during a show or maybe in an install you can cover stuff that the user shouldn't mess with?

I have a mixer and a lighting desk in a room that is used by just about everybody. I was thinking today that it would be nice to have some type of cover for things like the blackout button, or the solo-in-place buttons. Kinda like Midas did on the XL's. I really liked those hinged security buttons.

Does anybody have a solution to this?
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Dan Mortensen

Re: Button covers?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 09:16:43 pm »

What have you guys used to cover buttons that shouldn't get pressed during a show or maybe in an install you can cover stuff that the user shouldn't mess with?

How much space is available around the former?

I felt the same way as you about the mute group buttons on the X32, and took a chunk of clear plexiglas (tuffak) a little thicker than the buttons are high, and drilled some holes through it where the grid of buttons are and double-sided taped it to the consoles.

Fingers fit down to press but not something laying on them, so you can't put headphones down and trigger mute groups anymore.

Not sure about the complete cover or if my solution isn't possible because of the layout.

TomBoisseau

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 10:27:53 pm »

How much space is available around the former?

I felt the same way as you about the mute group buttons on the X32, and took a chunk of clear plexiglas (tuffak) a little thicker than the buttons are high, and drilled some holes through it where the grid of buttons are and double-sided taped it to the consoles.

Fingers fit down to press but not something laying on them, so you can't put headphones down and trigger mute groups anymore.

Not sure about the complete cover or if my solution isn't possible because of the layout.

For a temporary button cover, I often use plastic bottle caps, specifically from water bottles sold in bulk packages.  These seem best to me because they are more "shallow" than the "better bottles" that are sold individually at the convenience stores.  If fact, I always keep a half dozen in my kit.

Tom

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 10:27:53 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 23 queries.