ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Crest prolite 7.5 help!  (Read 6270 times)

Patrick Pier Richard

Re: Crest prolite 7.5 help!
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2015, 04:35:38 PM »

Hello again, at last, i have found the solution by my self to change del voltage from 120v to 240v and reverse.

Thank you for your help!!!
Best regards.

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 12:30:34 PM »

Hi Patrick,

There are two things that need to be done to convert a ProLite amplifier from 120V operation to 240V operation. The ProLite amplifiers function appropriately on either 50 or 60 Hz line frequency, so that is not a problem.

1. The circuit breaker / front panel switch must be swapped for the appropriate value. This is really only an issue in the event of a fault situation, but if you are going to convert it, you really need to do this or you accept the consequences. The 240V value will be half the 120V value and vice versa.

2. There is a jumper in the power supply section of the amplifier. This jumper is removed for 240V operation and it is installed for 120V operation. I believe it is about 2 inches long, white in color, and has female spade connectors on each end.

Sorry I didn't see your post before today otherwise I would have attempted to assist before now.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Kev Parker

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 09:26:16 AM »

Hi All,

I know that this is an old thread but I am wondering if anybody actually has the part number to a generic circuit breaker that can be used for the conversion from USA (110v) to UK 240v.

The breaker in the prolite is manufactured by Carling technologies but the part is OEM produced for Peavey meaning you can't just buy one.  I am confident that a generic part will do the job but I just don't know what it is.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

P.S the actual conversion is very very simple as has already been mentioned.  Simply pull a jumper off which is right next to the switch/circuit breaker and job done.  It is also handily marked "120V select" :-)

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 10:51:28 AM »

Hi All,

I know that this is an old thread but I am wondering if anybody actually has the part number to a generic circuit breaker that can be used for the conversion from USA (110v) to UK 240v.

The breaker in the prolite is manufactured by Carling technologies but the part is OEM produced for Peavey meaning you can't just buy one.  I am confident that a generic part will do the job but I just don't know what it is.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

P.S the actual conversion is very very simple as has already been mentioned.  Simply pull a jumper off which is right next to the switch/circuit breaker and job done.  It is also handily marked "120V select" :-)

Hi Kevin,

You can order the breaker directly from Peavey if you can not find it through your local dealer or distributor.

According to Peavey's Support FAQ page:
Quote from: Peavey Support FAQ
Q: How can I order a replacement part for my Peavey product?

A: You can order genuine Peavey parts from any Authorized Peavey Dealer or Service Center. If this is not possible in your case, you may also purchase parts direct from Peavey.

To order replacement parts direct, please call us at 877-732-8391 (toll free in the U.S.) or 601-483-5365. The extension for either number is 1386.
We can take your order via credit card or ship COD to a place of business ONLY.

Our business hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Central Time, Monday-Friday.
Hold times may be long during peak hours. If you have to wait on hold, feel free to leave a name and number and a service representative will contact you as soon as possible.

Features and specs are subject to change without notice. For this reason, please have the serial number of your product handy when calling to order parts. This will help us ensure that we ship the correct parts for your particular model.

Customers outside the U.S. and Canada should contact their local Peavey Distributor for assistance.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Kev Parker

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 11:39:39 AM »

Hi Kevin,

You can order the breaker directly from Peavey if you can not find it through your local dealer or distributor.

According to Peavey's Support FAQ page:

Hi Josh,

Thank you for getting back to me.  This is where it gets curious.....

I have been ringing around all day!  I rang Peavey support in the UK to get the part code (C21000081) and then called Peavey US as you suggested.  The lady said that it is now discontinued!!!???

I pressed her on how that can be the case as the amps are only a few years old and they are still being manufactured.  She went in to the BOM and confirmed that I had the right part but it was showing as discontinued?  She couldn't answer how the amps are still being built?!

She recommended I contact Barnes and Wallace to see if they had any in stock (UK Peavey parts distributor) and the guy there said that he would get back to me but would be surprised and said they would have to order in from Peavey USA - well good luck with that!

So I am now trying to decipher the Carling technology coding system for a generic breaker that would work but believe me it is not easy.  The closest off the shelf part would be (I think):

AJ1-B0-44-615-121-D

But my biggest question mark is the "615" code.  This refers to the current.  This is a 15 amp version but what I don't know is if this means it trips at 15 amps or thats the continuous rating.  The USA version is 30amp and trips at 37.5 amp.  If this 3 digit code refers to the trip current then I would need "618" or "620" i.e. 18 or 20 amp.  618 is not off the shelf so I would have to go for 20 amp i.e.

AJ1-B0-44-620-121-D

Anybody reading this in the future though don't bank on the fact I'm right - its a minefield.

If anybody has any ideas, I'm all ears!!

Cheers

Kevin

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 12:20:37 PM »

Hi Josh,

Thank you for getting back to me.  This is where it gets curious.....

I have been ringing around all day!  I rang Peavey support in the UK to get the part code (C21000081) and then called Peavey US as you suggested.  The lady said that it is now discontinued!!!???

I pressed her on how that can be the case as the amps are only a few years old and they are still being manufactured.  She went in to the BOM and confirmed that I had the right part but it was showing as discontinued?  She couldn't answer how the amps are still being built?!

She recommended I contact Barnes and Wallace to see if they had any in stock (UK Peavey parts distributor) and the guy there said that he would get back to me but would be surprised and said they would have to order in from Peavey USA - well good luck with that!

If anybody has any ideas, I'm all ears!!

Cheers

Kevin

Well, it is worth noting that the amplifiers are manufactured in China. They source all the parts over there in China, so I am not all that surprised that the US stock for a breaker used only in export models (that never hit US soil anyway) is non-existent. I would assume Peavey would have the appropriate part in stock in China, or at minimum the amp builder would and that they would furnish these to Peavey upon request and order.

Regardless, it certainly is odd that she was using the word "discontinued".
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Kev Parker

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 01:34:46 PM »

Well, it is worth noting that the amplifiers are manufactured in China. They source all the parts over there in China, so I am not all that surprised that the US stock for a breaker used only in export models (that never hit US soil anyway) is non-existent. I would assume Peavey would have the appropriate part in stock in China, or at minimum the amp builder would and that they would furnish these to Peavey upon request and order.

Regardless, it certainly is odd that she was using the word "discontinued".

Thanks again for your thoughts.  I can't see any option or contact for spares in China...it all seems to go through to the USA.

One other thought I had is whether the circuit breaker in the IPR2 7500 would fit.  My guess would be that it would be rated the same but might be a slightly different design and therefore part number which hopefully isn't out of stock/discontinued.

I'm beginning to wonder if this was a bright idea!!!

Kevin

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 01:34:46 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.