ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Guidance on new mixer - maybe a dLive?  (Read 17006 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Guidance on new mixer - maybe a dLive?
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2017, 06:02:47 PM »

So, I have to wonder how the new SQ series changes the decision making process?

It doesn't look like it to me. 

I agree.  While I'm sure this board will be a wonderful product to many, I don't think it really offers anything that the current product range of A&H doesn't already have.  My thoughts were the same as Art's - I see this more as an upgraded Qu Series board with a few GLD and dLive features sprinkled in.  If anything, I could see this as the logical replacement for the Qu Series sooner rather than later.  I think it also really addresses a number of the Qu board's shortcomings such as a lack of scribble strips and whatnot.  I'll still reserve judgement until if/when I actually touch one as well as see how the industry at large receives this, but I can't really see this product fitting my needs as outlined in this thread.  For a similar amount of money I'd still go with an M32 just because of the widespread acceptance of the product.  All that can change though once these hit the street and/or Midas releases a new desk, but for now I'll hold off on a purchase, wait to see what else is released over the coming months, and wait to see a dLive in person.  I've been in touch with a dealer to help make this happen!   

Scott Bolt

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2017, 06:37:32 PM »

I agree.  While I'm sure this board will be a wonderful product to many, I don't think it really offers anything that the current product range of A&H doesn't already have.  My thoughts were the same as Art's - I see this more as an upgraded Qu Series board with a few GLD and dLive features sprinkled in.  If anything, I could see this as the logical replacement for the Qu Series sooner rather than later.  I think it also really addresses a number of the Qu board's shortcomings such as a lack of scribble strips and whatnot.  I'll still reserve judgement until if/when I actually touch one as well as see how the industry at large receives this, but I can't really see this product fitting my needs as outlined in this thread.  For a similar amount of money I'd still go with an M32 just because of the widespread acceptance of the product.  All that can change though once these hit the street and/or Midas releases a new desk, but for now I'll hold off on a purchase, wait to see what else is released over the coming months, and wait to see a dLive in person.  I've been in touch with a dealer to help make this happen!   
I was thinking the same thing.

96Khz does not necessarily mean it sounds any better (although the marketing will surely say so).  Still doesn't look like it has LCD scribble strips (more like fader glow like Soundcraft)... I could be wrong.

It does look like a worthy update of the Qu series though.... and that isn't a bad thing.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2017, 07:01:23 PM »

The 96khz is why the latency is so low.
It should he half of a 48khz board.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2017, 07:31:44 PM »

I was thinking the same thing.

96Khz does not necessarily mean it sounds any better (although the marketing will surely say so).  Still doesn't look like it has LCD scribble strips (more like fader glow like Soundcraft)... I could be wrong.

It does look like a worthy update of the Qu series though.... and that isn't a bad thing.
They are scribble strips. There are some hard to find pictures that show them.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2017, 07:31:44 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 26 queries.