ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Xilica XP-4080  (Read 11979 times)

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
Re: Xilica XP-4080
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2023, 04:32:11 PM »

They still are, such as Kramer, just not as many. 

Agree with Nathan, the QR1/FR1 are amazing - so much better than the older XD/XP series it's not even funny.  And for similar prices.

I still have two as my main processors on two different rigs. Never had an issue. How long before I need to start looking for something else?

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2023, 12:30:45 AM »

I still have two as my main processors on two different rigs. Never had an issue. How long before I need to start looking for something else?

10 years?  I wouldn't worry, while the GUI and such are outdated, I don't remember them ever being unreliable.  If you do want to upgrade, the QR1 costs about the same now (less adjusting for inflation) and is vastly more flexible and powerful. 
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2023, 07:10:52 AM »

10 years?  I wouldn't worry, while the GUI and such are outdated, I don't remember them ever being unreliable.  If you do want to upgrade, the QR1 costs about the same now (less adjusting for inflation) and is vastly more flexible and powerful.

Thanks for the quick reply. My amp rack are a mix of things I can afford used so some have processing and most dont. It will be a while before I can afford a DNA 20k so Xilica it is..

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2023, 07:10:52 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 22 queries.