ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stage Band Power??  (Read 11989 times)

Nate Zifra

Re: Stage Band Power??
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 12:04:36 PM »

I also use the outdoor cast boxes.  Do the openings in these boxes fit powercon chassis connectors? I really like the steel boxes Dave linked to above, but those and the Windsor boxes don't allow for GFI receptacles without cutting or modification, which I'd like to avoid.

I stopped bothering with an upstage center power drop. Drummers don’t use them and it ends up under the throne on shallow stages.

I found that by shopping around, I could get GFI receptacles that were shallower than others and could fit them into my quad boxes. I start with the cast metal deep outdoor boxes with only 1 or at most, 2 of the smallest openings.

Unlike a lot of folk around here, I spend an inordinate amount of effort getting power right. Without good power you can’t have good production. I really hate having power problems during a show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 12:10:06 PM »

I also use the outdoor cast boxes.  Do the openings in these boxes fit powercon chassis connectors? I really like the steel boxes Dave linked to above, but those and the Windsor boxes don't allow for GFI receptacles without cutting or modification, which I'd like to avoid.

No. I punch a hole in the blank wall with a greenly punch. The reason for single small input is minimal intrusion to the box.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 10:22:01 PM »

I stopped bothering with an upstage center power drop. Drummers don’t use them and it ends up under the throne on shallow stages.

Weird. I constantly see that drop getting used for sample machines, click generators, computers, and of course the drummers fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 08:07:35 AM »

Weird. I constantly see that drop getting used for sample machines, click generators, computers, and of course the drummers fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I could see that though I do provide a drop left & right so the drummer can get power if needed.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 08:07:35 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 23 queries.