ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to get lighting tripod stand crossbar?  (Read 4586 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: Where to get lighting tripod stand crossbar?
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 01:52:28 PM »

On eBay right now there are only 2 left aluminum 48" Ultimate Support bars listen as used from a store. Probably (maybe) store display or open box. Usually $46 at $29.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Support-LTB-48B-T-style-48-Lighting-Crossbar-Mounting-Brackets-/182759221937?epid=1800067133&hash=item2a8d4c6ab1:g:OEYAAOSw9GhYfyJA
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 01:52:48 PM »

That's exactly it- for compatibility.

Great suggestions here!  I like the idea of going with EMT.  It's cheap and readily available.

1 1/4" EMT has an OD of 1.509"

It's heavier than Aluminum but pretty inexpensive and readily available.  Home Depot and like stores usually only sell it in 10ft sections. Easy to cut though.

Take a clamp with you to ensure it will fit correctly.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 01:56:02 PM »

I'm in the process of switching out all my bars from steel to aluminum. Every little bit helps with the weight.
My fixtures are not too heavy so I can get away with it.
My stands are very heavy duty - Hercules - which is important to me but as long as the bars can hold the weight of the fixtures, aluminum makes sense for my purposes.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mal Brown

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 01:50:55 PM »

The Ultimate stuff is great.   I keep 4 to 6 fixtures on each 4' cross bar.  Wired and ready to go.  My fixtures are mounted on 2 piece plastic flanges and are though bolted- no clamps.  Super light and the flanges allow the fixture to swivel for aiming.  IIRC those little flanges came from Ultimate as well.  1 piece of the set is 'cupped' to embrace the tube.  The other is more or less a thick washer.
Bass player, sound guy.
FB Gorge Sound and Light
FB Willyand Nelson
FB SideShow

Rich Grisier

• Erie, PA
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2017, 11:37:52 AM »

Here's an update on what I ultimately got.  I ended up with 1.5" dia, 48" long, 0.125" wall tubing from Industrial Metal Sales. I also got some 60" tubes as well.

I'm very happy with the order.  They were quick to respond to all my inquiries.

Nate Zifra

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2017, 03:10:37 PM »

Here's an update on what I ultimately got.  I ended up with 1.5" dia, 48" long, 0.125" wall tubing from Industrial Metal Sales. I also got some 60" tubes as well.

I'm very happy with the order.  They were quick to respond to all my inquiries.

Dumb question, and apologies for the hijack.  For those of you using EMT or other pipe/tubing, how are you connecting the EMT to the stand.  Are there specific T-adapters that work well for this, or are you using cheeseboros?

Thanks.

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 05:00:44 PM »

Dumb question, and apologies for the hijack.  For those of you using EMT or other pipe/tubing, how are you connecting the EMT to the stand.  Are there specific T-adapters that work well for this, or are you using cheeseboros?

Thanks.

Ultimate Support does sell replacement parts for their products if you want the plastic "tees".  I think they have that size available.  Contact a USS dealer.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 05:00:44 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.