ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making a plan for a lighting upgrade  (Read 8830 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Making a plan for a lighting upgrade
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2018, 01:38:33 pm »

For anyone following along at home, Elation have posted the photometric test report files for the Seven Par 7IP fixtures on their website. 
I have to say, they are WAY BEYOND the detail of the specs found in any other fixture in this price category that I've compared yet.  In fact, they're so detailed that I can actually get a reasonable idea of how they compare to other types of fixtures but there's a lot of information on the sheets that is over my head.  Hats off to Elation for that.

Here's a link for anyone interested.

Thanks for sharing!  Iím hoping to see one of these in person next time Iím near Elationís Miami showroom.  I was just down that way a few days ago but was on a tight schedule (and driving Hazmat) so I couldnít stop. 

It also looks like the Chauvet Maverick Storm is priced a hair lower than my guesstimate further up the page.  Not bad for what you get so long as it has enough output!

Jeremy Young

• DSL SM80, JTR OS-Pro, A&H iLive, QSC & Crest Amps
    • Brown Bear Sound
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2018, 07:37:53 pm »

Thanks Jeff.  For my budget, it would need to be several hairs lower than your guesstimate, but it does look pretty incredible.

At $800/each CAD, those Seven Par 7IP's will set me back $6,400 for 4/side, which is.... somewhat easier to swing for me at this point.

My FOH canopy/tent took some strong wind on Canada Day and suffered catastrophic failure.  Fortunately my gear is built better than that so it held up fine, but now thanks to the KD Tents thread here on the forum it looks like I have some other things to spend money on again.... 
Why is it that every time I buy something cheap I buy it twice?  I'll learn.  I think I need a "buy once cry once" tattoo on my hand, or maybe just on my wallet.
Brown Bear Sound
Victoria BC Canada

Mark Lee

« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2018, 05:23:30 am »

Maverick storm 1 wash is too expensive!

To get a similar one, Hi-LTTE Thor Storm Wash IP 67 (19*40w), please visit www.hi-light.com.cn.

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2018, 07:09:57 am »

Maverick storm 1 wash is too expensive!

To get a similar one, Hi-LTTE Thor Storm Wash IP 67 (19*40w), please visit www.hi-light.com.cn.

Firstly, I feel it is priced fairly for what it is.  Secondly, please read the rules about vendor participation in these forums.  Posts like this are not allowed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 23 queries.