ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dmx Controller with Master Dimmer  (Read 8161 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Dmx Controller with Master Dimmer
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2019, 10:22:32 PM »

Jeff,. Your early ruminations on the Cobalt pushed us in that direction.

Thanks Scott, I'm glad that my input here is valuable.  Yeah, Cobalt is a really nice platform.  I forget if I said it here or over at Controlbooth, but when the acquisition of HES by ETC was announced I predicted the end of Cobalt and sadly I was right.  It's just unfortunate that despite a name like ETC behind it, Cobalt was unable to unseat any of the busking heavyweights, especially in the United States.  I believe ETC has pledged 4 more years of software updates for Cobalt (plus the indefinite hardware support) so I'd still buy with confidence.  Just make sure you get a Congo desk that runs Windows 7 and Cobalt! 

Desks aside, you can still buy Nomad which runs both Cobalt and Eos.  So long as you don't need more than 12 universes Nomad has the horsepower and runs the full package.  The official ETC wings along with MIDI controllers and custom keyboards can help with tactile control.  I'd still go for the full console if you have the time to wait for one, but the Nomad option can be had today if you're under schedule pressure to make the upgrade.  While I'm not in Ohio all that often anymore I'll be happy to demo my Congo Kid next time I'm in the area if you're interested! 

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2019, 11:16:33 PM »

Thanks Scott, I'm glad that my input here is valuable.  Yeah, Cobalt is a really nice platform.  I forget if I said it here or over at Controlbooth, but when the acquisition of HES by ETC was announced I predicted the end of Cobalt and sadly I was right.  It's just unfortunate that despite a name like ETC behind it, Cobalt was unable to unseat any of the busking heavyweights, especially in the United States.  I believe ETC has pledged 4 more years of software updates for Cobalt (plus the indefinite hardware support) so I'd still buy with confidence.  Just make sure you get a Congo desk that runs Windows 7 and Cobalt! 

Desks aside, you can still buy Nomad which runs both Cobalt and Eos.  So long as you don't need more than 12 universes Nomad has the horsepower and runs the full package.  The official ETC wings along with MIDI controllers and custom keyboards can help with tactile control.  I'd still go for the full console if you have the time to wait for one, but the Nomad option can be had today if you're under schedule pressure to make the upgrade.  While I'm not in Ohio all that often anymore I'll be happy to demo my Congo Kid next time I'm in the area if you're interested!

Jeff,  no, not in any hurry.  I want a busking console as Show Express and the Show Designer are starting to be limiting (but still useful).  For any serious lighting work we hire out to an LD that has a great inventory, the aforementioned Hog PC and he has a late model Avolites Pearl (I love the rotating scene wheel) I have watched him and others busk on the Pearl and they fly vs. the hybrid systems.  That is what got me interested in console upgrades. 

I would love for you to visit, that would be awesome.  I could have some Platinum's, Chinese beam clones, Hotbox's and a few other fixtures setup in the shop so we could check out the workflow.  Take you out for a fine meal too, we have some great dining in CLE.  Do you know when your next visit is? 

Thanks again Jeff.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2019, 11:16:33 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.