ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Securing an X32 compact to a table  (Read 7441 times)

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Securing an X32 compact to a table
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2017, 08:44:48 PM »

Take a cue from what's been succesfully used for decades. If you are remote mixing and worried about someone stealing the mixer just leave the lid on it.

Also, play in better places....
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 07:58:21 AM »

Take a cue from what's been succesfully used for decades.

That is a very nice looking case. Perhaps in the future when I can justify the expense I will purchase something like that. Had I already owned the case pictured, I still would have started the thread, instead asking how can I secure it to "this" case while not blocking the air flow underneath.

For now I feel comfortable in having a secure shock absorbing mount for an out of pocket expense of about $5 using mostly supplies already on hand.

Also, play in better places....
That is a completely different issue requiring different solutions. I believe most of the solutions will involve psychological treatment in some form.
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 01:20:29 PM »

That is a very nice looking case. Perhaps in the future when I can justify the expense I will purchase something like that. Had I already owned the case pictured, I still would have started the thread, instead asking how can I secure it to "this" case while not blocking the air flow underneath.

For now I feel comfortable in having a secure shock absorbing mount for an out of pocket expense of about $5 using mostly supplies already on hand.
That is a completely different issue requiring different solutions. I believe most of the solutions will involve psychological treatment in some form.

FYI the cases have channels in the foam for airflow (at least any case designed for an x32).  Those look like wood screws, if I am correct these need to be bolts/nuts/washer
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 01:28:17 PM »

Also, pretty much any case built for an LS9 will fit an X32 with slight modifications. I was pleasantly surprised to see how close they were in dimension. The X32 is about 10" shorter in width so you end up wih extra space on the side if you use an old LS9 case.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »

Those look like wood screws
Yes they are. I had planned to replace them with machine screws and lock nuts when I finish the project next weekend. (I only had a few minutes to mock things up last weekend after returning from having too much fun with friends.)
I should have known I would be called out on that.
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

Stu McDoniel

• Central Wisconsin...USA
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2017, 01:44:07 PM »

Yes they are. I had planned to replace them with machine screws and lock nuts when I finish the project next weekend. (I only had a few minutes to mock things up last weekend after returning from having too much fun with friends.)
I should have known I would be called out on that.
IF there is any non crossed threads left after the wood screw application.

Honestly why would you purchase a digital desk and run with this kind of a setup?

Are you at least throwing something over the unit to cover it when not in use?

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 06:05:03 PM »

Almost done. Just need to get the latches for the dog house.
Steve Loewenthal

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2017, 06:05:03 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.