ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Digital console Clock??  (Read 15132 times)

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
Re: Yamaha Digital console Clock??
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2017, 10:22:28 AM »

"And if you can't hear the difference, maybe you shouldn't be in this business!"   ::)
The "Emperor's new clothes" phenomena exist in every artistic field, more visibly in some than in others.  The irony of statements such as the sentiment you quoted is that if someone is actually in the business, hearing small differences in sound quality - real or imagined - barely make the top 10 priorities of a sound "business" - e.g. customer service, ROI calculation, equipment maintenance, client communication, issue resolution, etc.

If Al can make money by supplying whatever magic fairy dust the customer wants, then more power to him.  To paraphrase JR, never try to tell a customer what they think they are or aren't hearing.

Scott Helmke

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2017, 12:17:56 PM »

If Al can make money by supplying whatever magic fairy dust the customer wants, then more power to him.  To paraphrase JR, never try to tell a customer what they think they are or aren't hearing.

Definitely. Somebody told me even more succinctly a few years ago: "I rent gear - I'm not in the business of talking people out of renting stuff".

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2017, 12:17:56 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 22 queries.