ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: C'mon Avid....  (Read 22506 times)

Al Rettich

C'mon Avid....
« on: August 18, 2017, 05:53:17 PM »

Keep hearing about this SC48 replacement, thought it'd be out this year being they've taken the SC48 off the market.. Anyone out here hear anything??

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
Re: C'mon Avid....
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 06:02:05 PM »

(Please, Please, Please - let this be a sign that they're going out of business!!!!)
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »

Keep hearing about this SC48 replacement
S3L-X

I'm pretty sure they've laid off almost everyone that used to work for their live division. It's like one guy left in the basement mumbling to himself.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 07:06:30 PM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Al Rettich

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 08:51:15 PM »

Andy, now now it's not nice to say things like that... Just because it's not your CL5... The S6L is an amazing console. The SC48 wasn't bad either.

(Please, Please, Please - let this be a sign that they're going out of business!!!!)

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 06:04:26 PM »

The SC48 wasn't bad either.

Yes it is. It's terrible, and when you finally thought nothing could beat it's uselessness, Avid released the S3L.

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 07:46:15 PM »

The SC48 wasn't bad either.
Yes it is. It's terrible, and when you finally thought nothing could beat it's uselessness, Avid released the S3L.

+1. Hate the SC48. Unfortunately, I have to use it all the time as it seems like the only console being supplied these days.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Nikhil Mulay

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 01:08:06 AM »

I still see the sc48 listed on the site. If they've taken it off the shelves I'd say that's the most ridiculous decision ever! It's still the best selling console in India by a wide margin and every BE i know has a show file for it.

I do hope there is a replacement in the works. The S3L was a massive failure here and the S6L is too expensive to be called a sc48 replacement.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 11:02:12 AM »

Wow, I guess I don't get the hatred for the SC48 (and if it's not the number of faders, I don't HEAR why a hand full of people don't like AVID).

I absolutely despise the Midas Pro series.  You give me one and I'd sell it to buy an AVID or Yamaha.  Nope, don't need a reason, I think it's the paint color...

Did 2 shows recently, one where the BE had a Profile and hated it, another where the BE had a Midas and spent most of his sound check conversation with me hating on AVID.  Both said the consoles "sounded bad" "sounds like shit" etc.  I guess my gold plating wore off my ears a long time ago but when operating AVID mixers I don't fight the EQ or have to use plug ins to make it "sound like something."  I'd prefer my console not make its own sound; rather I want it to give me the control to make the mix I want to hear.

Perhaps there's something in the water in Norway and Canada...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 11:54:02 AM »

I don't like the Avid desks either. It's UI that gets me.  I can't stand all the mousing around to do stuff. It feels really slow. I know that most of those functions pop up on knobs too, but the knobs don't make any sense in their layout, and the labels are hard to see.  Everyone uses the mouse. The very slow mouse.

I don't like the Midas Pro desks either. Nothing is where it's supposed to be on that desk.

They both sound fine to me.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

John L Nobile

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 12:42:26 PM »

I don't like the Avid desks either. It's UI that gets me.  I can't stand all the mousing around to do stuff.

Agreed. I find myself with my head buried onscreen most of the night. I've taken an X32 over and SC48 in the past and would still today.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 12:42:26 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.