ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: x32 tutorial suggestions  (Read 8318 times)

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
Re: x32 tutorial suggestions
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2017, 03:02:56 PM »

the x32 is much easier to configure on the ipad mix app
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 07:56:33 AM »

I find having to use it to be a great teacher.

There is one in a local club which I get to use once or twice a year.  just enough lapse of time to forget what I have learned!

However, they are quite intuitive. If you know how an analogue mixer works, you should be able to work it out.

Steve.

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2017, 12:33:37 PM »

Finished 1st read through most of the manual. Have not watched any you tube yet.
I have most of today to try things out and see if I learned anything from my reading. (not looking too good in that category)
My 1st attempt is to try initial setup using only the console. I'm thinking that if / when something goes wrong at a show I might have a chance to fix it right away.
Opened the box. Set it on the dining room table with a couple small powered speakers (Mackie SRM150) and 2 mics.
Set up a few scribble strips. (things looking good so far)
Attempted to set up / route my preconceived notions of what I want to do.
(Things not looking good anymore)
Really struggling and not accomplishing anything. Wish I had a knowledgeable person right next to me telling me how to do this. (Or perhaps telling me that I'm going about it all wrong.)
Perhaps I should go back to unicorn hunting.
Downloaded the Behringer X32 edit hoping I'll have more luck.
(Yes I will eventually pay the $5 and get the recommended software)

I must be totally missing something about routing.
OK, break is over. Time to go back to struggling.
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2017, 02:36:56 PM »

I still don't get it. Please help.
Setting up mix buses 1, 2, 3 for monitors seemed easy. I sent some pre fader channels to each bus and it came factory default to outs 1, 2, 3.
Now I want to:
* Send all instrument channels post fader to mix bus 7, which will then be sent to Main LR
* Send all vocal channels post fader to mix bus 8, which will then be sent to Main LR
Then send Main LR to XLR outputs  7, 8

As an alternative I could send instruments and vocals to mix buses 5 and 6
Then send bus 5 to both 7 and 8 and also send bus 6 to both 7 and 8
Then buses 7 and 8 would go to outputs 7 and 8 respectively (7, 8 would then be my main L and R and I would ignore the Main fader.)

Either way there are 2 things I can't seem to figure out
1) how to set up my post fader channel sources for sending to the selected mix bus
2) How to send the selected mix bus to either the LR bus or to another mix bus

Note: I want to use a mix bus for vocals so I can send the entire bus to an effects channel (reverb mainly) I "think" I would prefer this rather than vocals being controlled in a DCA and having to send each individual channel to a reverb effect.

Instruments I could probably be just as satisfied with a DCA, but what I am also trying to accomplish is having my most desired faders always on the top layer.
Steve Loewenthal

"I'm, just the guy in a band that owns the PA and I'm trying to figure out how it works. (Been trying to learn somethin' about it for about 20 years and I hope somethin' learns me soon)"

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2017, 03:15:05 PM »

I got a little bit farther. Got mix buses 7, 8 set as post fader for "all" my input channels.
Not what I wanted.
I was thinking along the lines of: send channels 1 through 5 post fader to mix bus 7 and channels 6 through 10 to mix bus 8.
I don't see any way to do that since when I selected channel 1 and sends, I could only make 7 and 8 both post fader at the same time.
But I wanted channel 1 to go to mix bus 7 post fader and not to mix bus 8 at all.
Does this mean that if I want to send post fader to a mix bus, then it can only be done in pairs of mix buses ?
Steve Loewenthal

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2017, 03:39:14 PM »

I got a little bit farther. Got mix buses 7, 8 set as post fader for "all" my input channels.
Not what I wanted.
I was thinking along the lines of: send channels 1 through 5 post fader to mix bus 7 and channels 6 through 10 to mix bus 8.
I don't see any way to do that since when I selected channel 1 and sends, I could only make 7 and 8 both post fader at the same time.
But I wanted channel 1 to go to mix bus 7 post fader and not to mix bus 8 at all.
Does this mean that if I want to send post fader to a mix bus, then it can only be done in pairs of mix buses ?

Steve, where are you located?

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2017, 03:49:11 PM »

Columbia, SC
Steve Loewenthal

Kevin Maxwell

• USA SW CT 46miles from MidTown Manhattan ATCF
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2017, 04:20:55 PM »

Columbia, SC

I just sent you a private message.

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2017, 07:13:25 PM »

Big thanks to Kevin for some personal help. Now things make more sense. I think I'm off to a good start.
Steve Loewenthal

Steve Loewenthal

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »

Just did our first gig with the new mixer last night. Show went well.
I used 2 monitor mixes fed from the mixer, plus my personal mix was from the P16-M
I had to use different speakers than my regular mains and it only took me about 20 seconds to make sure I was at the correct place to make an EQ adjustment. (about 19 seconds longer than my analog mixer, but way faster compared to when I started this thread. :) )
PEQ's everywhere is awesome. Especially with the graphic to see center, height and width of the filter.
I also like the color coding on the channels. Each mic has a foam cover corresponding to the color on the channel.

2 things I still need to figure out: (haven't taken the time to investigate)

1) How do I take a copy of the main (LR) mix and also send it to one of the other output buses. (One of the band members said he wants that in his in-ear monitor mix.) I know I'll also want this in the future for setting up delay speakers.

2) How do I change the EQ of an input channel in a monitor mix independently of it's EQ to the main mix.
The electronic drums sound different in the monitor mix.
It is definitely the mix and not the speaker. Tested using the same speaker when fed by the monitor mix vs main mix with only the drums playing.
I fear I have somehow set a low cut, but I just don't see it anywhere.
Steve Loewenthal

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.