ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: EAW legacy settings  (Read 8094 times)

Rich Daniel

Re: EAW legacy settings
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 02:07:13 PM »

Hello Gentlemen, I am new to this forum and apologize in advance if this is a hijack of your conversation.  However this is the closest thing I can find pertaining to my question and most of you seem  technically equipped to provide a response. 

I too have looked at the 695Z processor settings and tried to implement them into my DriveRack Pa and noticed the gap between xover settings.  To make this short, I dont want to spend thousands on a processor and was wondering if someone can share their DriveRack Pa PEQ and Xover settings for the 695Z?  I am also confused on the timing settings mentioned above, is that delay?  If so, as per the EAW suggested processor settings, I have set the .67ms dealy on the HF.  Again if someone can provide a decent base settings for the DriveRack PA2 it would be greatly appreciated. I Should add I am currently doing BiAmp but I welcome settings for both BiAmp and Tri Amp mode.

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2020, 02:52:48 PM »

Hello Gentlemen, I am new to this forum and apologize in advance if this is a hijack of your conversation.  However this is the closest thing I can find pertaining to my question and most of you seem  technically equipped to provide a response. 

I too have looked at the 695Z processor settings and tried to implement them into my DriveRack Pa and noticed the gap between xover settings.  To make this short, I dont want to spend thousands on a processor and was wondering if someone can share their DriveRack Pa PEQ and Xover settings for the 695Z?  I am also confused on the timing settings mentioned above, is that delay?  If so, as per the EAW suggested processor settings, I have set the .67ms dealy on the HF.  Again if someone can provide a decent base settings for the DriveRack PA2 it would be greatly appreciated. I Should add I am currently doing BiAmp but I welcome settings for both BiAmp and Tri Amp mode.

Thanks in advance,
Rich

It's unlikely that anyone using KF695z/x/y/a/b/c/ would have used an DRPA to process.  The DRPA is not a replacement for either the original EAW process (OEM'd by Ashly - hint), or the subsequent UX 8800 or 3600 or the current UX48/UXA amplifiers.

The under-lapped crossover points in the LF are in anticipation of the KF series being a) used in multiple of at least 4, and b) being flown or otherwise suspended.

The simplest answer is to find an Ashly Protea 4.24C (not the AliBaba/Ali Express counterfeit), the numbers supplied for the original MX series processor will work.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rich Daniel

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2020, 03:05:26 PM »

Thanks for your response Tim.  So what if I am only doing smaller venues and using 1 695Z per side do I change the xover  points and if so to what? I will look into the Ashly.  Thanks again

« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 03:21:02 PM by Rich Daniel »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2020, 05:01:06 PM »

Thanks for your response Tim.  So what if I am only doing smaller venues and using 1 695Z per side do I change the xover  points and if so to what? I will look into the Ashly.  Thanks again

You'll need to increase the LF output by about 6dB, note that you eat up a big chunk of headroom.  You may have to lower the HF output a bit.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rich Daniel

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2020, 06:08:35 PM »

I should have given more info. I plan using these with subs. I meant 1 top per side since they are 90 deg.  Thanks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »

I should have given more info. I plan using these with subs. I meant 1 top per side since they are 90 deg.  Thanks

You will need less LF boost.  The key is to listen to what the LF and mid sounds like at the *acoustic crossover*.  If it sounds 'lacking' from there to a half octave or so below that point, you need to bring up the LF.  It's what happens between the pass bands that counts.

Without looking, I'm pretty sure that the OEM settings published by EAW have settings for both full range (no sub) and with subwoofer.  I'd submit they're a place to start and see what you think after listening, because those settings were based on specific subwoofers, too.  When you start using anything not part of the original "system", things are seldom identical.

How many of which subs, and what is your primary use of the system?

Rich Daniel

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 07:55:44 PM »

Hi Tim, I do DJ gigs, mostly recorded music with the occasional entertainer singing off Mp3 tracks.  I currently have 6 DIY Horn loaded subs.  I didnt see a different settings for Use with or without Subs on the site. http://eaw.com/docs/2_Legacy_Products/Processor%20Settings/KFz_PROCS_rev2.pdf  The gap in xover settings in kind of wide but will go with them in my DRPA2 for now.
I think I might invest in an Ashly 4.8DP later or whenever events re-start. 

P.S - I am upgrading from some DIY tops as well and so far I like the sound quality of the KF695Z.  Maybe later on I will get them to sound even better.  Cheers

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 09:18:17 PM »

Okay, I went and took a look... no preset for sub use, but a footnote suggesting a crossover of around 80-100Hz.

In the tri-amped settings the under-lapped crossover freqs on each side of the midrange is a clue that the *acoustic* crossover frequency is very different from the *electrical* crossover frequency needed to achieve reasonably flat magnitude response across the acoustic crossover regions.

Are you intending to bi-amp or tri-amp?

Rich Daniel

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 09:27:17 PM »

Bi-Amp for now but I have another amp and may venture into Tri-Amping if and when I get the Ashly.  I currently have the xover at 100hz. 

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2020, 09:23:17 AM »

Bi-Amp for now but I have another amp and may venture into Tri-Amping if and when I get the Ashly.  I currently have the xover at 100hz.

Rich,
If you are going to upgrade processors, I would highly advice the EAW UX line with "Focusing".  That or find amps that can accept those presets.   It would be a huge upgrade.
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2020, 09:23:17 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.