ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap Chinese Cable Ramps  (Read 22402 times)

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
Re: Cheap Chinese Cable Ramps
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 05:38:06 PM »

What is the material ?

Yep, that's schedule 40 PVC conduit that can be found at any Lowes/Home Depot or electrical supply vendor.  It's been split down the middle to serve this cable ramp purpose.  Clever, but not sure I'd try it myself...

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 06:03:24 PM »

Now with the PVC you could take some time to barber pole spray paint yellow and black to add the visibility of the trip hazard.  Add some tent stakes and bungies to keep it tacked down to the ground some and preventing the movement. 

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 06:25:36 PM »

Well, you have to then ask yourself, "Are these being deployed to protect guests, or are they here to protect the cable run?"

The answer may explain the reasoning behind using this Sched40 PVC...

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 06:51:11 PM »

Jeez by the time you did all the labor to implement that for set and strike what have you saved?

local company uses these in grass

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 08:49:18 PM »

when it comes to cable ramps and or cable hazard protection, my finding has been that you could put all the red tape around the cable you want, the people will still find a way to trip over it.....

The only thing I think that cable ramps or cable covers of any sort is good for is liability insurance. At least you can say and show that there was a prudent attempt to prevent a tripping hazard. It then falls onto the patron to show how the heck they didn't see or notice a cable run 100' long with an obvious cover over it trying to keep you from tripping over it :)

The truth is simple. It is not much more than a rubber / plastic ramp mold and should not truly cost $100 per section. It is however a needed and required devise in many instances, so it makes sense as to why it costs what they do. They gouge the people in one way or another. Sorta like everything else. If you need it and it is a specialty item, you will pay dearly for it; even if it is a simple product.

Discount cable ramps: http://www.discountramps.com/cable-ramps-protectors/c/4250/

has a sale going on right now for dual channel.
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2017, 10:49:15 AM »

I just came across this which is super inexpensive compared to most everything I have seen.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719L4D94/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am sure it won't compare in quality to most but for light traffic it might just work. 3 in a  pack !
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2017, 11:26:40 AM »

I just came across this which is super inexpensive compared to most everything I have seen.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719L4D94/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am sure it won't compare in quality to most but for light traffic it might just work. 3 in a  pack !

Note the rubber (not polyurathane) construction. I suspect that this item would be more likely to have "off-gassing" problems, compared to other options. Whether that would be a problem, I don't know.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 11:57:30 AM »

Note the rubber (not polyurathane) construction. I suspect that this item would be more likely to have "off-gassing" problems, compared to other options. Whether that would be a problem, I don't know.

I'd only use these outside so it wouldn't be a problem for me - and I'll store them in a sealed case.
I've ordered a set so I'll let you know how good (or bad) they are.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2017, 12:44:29 PM »

Discount cable ramps: http://www.discountramps.com/cable-ramps-protectors/c/4250/

has a sale going on right now for dual channel.

This is a great price!
I use these and they work fine.
I just leave them outside for a couple of weeks to off-gas before they go in the truck.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »

I actually just took advantage of those on an earlier deal that saved another couple of dollars.  I liked them enough that I ordered more.  And yes they did smell a lot at first.  I set them I the sun for a couple of days and most of the smell is gone.  I'm not sure I would want to travel with them in a hot van.  Relegate them to a trailer or box truck and use the outside until they stop the out gassing.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.