ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha CL/QL and Shure ULX D connectivity... or not  (Read 43563 times)

Steve Anderson

Re: Yamaha CL/QL and Shure ULX D connectivity... or not
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »

So for anyone trying to get this working on a QL/CL Console with the ULX-D Quad receiver.

Both the console and the receiver have multiple IP addresses. Control seems to only work on the Primary Dante network.

On the QL/CL with the latest firmware. Go into setup network and there are two tabs. The mixer control and the device control. Touch the device control tab and you will see the IP address in the upper left corner. Set a static IP for the mixer (You will need to determine what static range is right for your setup). Power cycle the mixer.

Open Dante controller, find the ULX and double click it. Under network change the IP address to static and enter a appropriate address IN THE SAME subnet as the mixer. Hit the reboot button below AND when completed power cycle the ULX receiver. After a few minutes the receiver will show up properly in the mixer with frequency, battery, and gain control.

This was my solution, you mileage may vary.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2017, 12:49:03 PM »

I'm confused how this is being so arduous for people to get working... the times I have networked either our ULXD or others into our CL5s, it's literally been.... Cat5e from the receivers.... to a basic switch... to the console, and everything's worked. (Other than standard boot order) I haven't had to power cycle things, or update software, or fuss with IP addresses. It's just automagically worked. The only problem I had last week was two dual receivers with the same Yamaha/Dante ID, but that was a nine second fix.

Maybe it's the fact that we're not connecting to the internet/other networks, but rather a fully standalone network. I don't know. It's just strange reading these convoluted setup methods and not having experienced any issues at all...

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2017, 01:00:00 PM »

I'm confused how this is being so arduous for people to get working...
The main crux of this thread is getting ULXD control working when using Static IPs, which is necessary in some large-scale installations.
Getting it to work using factory defaults has been very easy for a long time.
It was only in March of this year that the Yamaha firmware was updated to allow static IPs to be used with ULXD control. Neither Shure nor Yamaha were very forthcoming about this which added to the confusion.
They have since rectified this with some great instructions and new features which keep me a Yamaha fanboi.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2017, 04:45:35 PM »

Copy all of that; that makes perfect sense. Since we don't do installs, I can see why I've never had to deal with that. :)

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Nick Marques

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2017, 10:52:20 AM »

Hi all,

Is there a recent Shure update that allowed us to use static IP addresses for both Dante and/or Shure Control with a QL5? I tried this yesterday and even after updating the console to 4.10, I still could only get control to work if the Shure Control IP in a ULXD4Q was set to 169.254.x.x. I was able to manually assign addresses in the APIPA range, but that's not desirable.

What I am gathering from recent posts in this thread is that static IPs should work across all sub-networks now...

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2017, 11:14:53 AM »

Hi all,

Is there a recent Shure update that allowed us to use static IP addresses for both Dante and/or Shure Control with a QL5? I tried this yesterday and even after updating the console to 4.10, I still could only get control to work if the Shure Control IP in a ULXD4Q was set to 169.254.x.x. I was able to manually assign addresses in the APIPA range, but that's not desirable.

What I am gathering from recent posts in this thread is that static IPs should work across all sub-networks now...
Did you update your Dante firmware as well?
Follow the instructions here and here and you should be good.
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2017, 11:14:53 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 25 queries.