ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: New member help. PA Speakers  (Read 21517 times)

Steve Garris

Re: New member help. PA Speakers
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2017, 04:43:47 PM »

MMMM How to link a pair then if I'm connected to just one speaker?

You would go out of the first speaker and in to the second with an xlr cable.

I second the recommendation for the DXR115. Yamaha has a great warranty, so you probably won't need it.

David Winners

• Bryan, OH
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2017, 05:06:40 PM »

You mentioned a mixer.  Do you really need one?  Many powered speakers have inputs for Ipod, CD or whatever and for a mic.  Just a thought.

The RCF does not. Just 1 XLR in and 1 XLR through.

Many powered tops have a multitude of inputs however.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »

To the OP

Where are you located?

Might be someone nearby that has what you are looking for and could demo for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Yoandry Garcia

• Naples, FL
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2017, 05:21:40 PM »

To the OP

Where are you located?

Might be someone nearby that has what you are looking for and could demo for you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Naples, Florida.     

Trying to put it in my profile info but can't find it :'(

Brian Adams

• Adams Production Services
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2017, 05:31:59 PM »

I'm not going to get into the speaker debate, but I can tell you that RCF makes great sounding speakers and I'm sure you'd be happy with them.

I came here to talk about the Bluetooth part of your needs, and mention that I recently bought a Denon DN300Z. It's fantastic. It's a CD player, AM/FM radio, plays from USB and SD cards, and has Bluetooth. The specs say the Bluetooth range is 100', and I can attest to that, since I had it at FOH and I could run playback from my phone while on stage at an outdoor festival, about 100' away from FOH. It got a little glitchy when I'd accidentally take my phone behind the stage, but overall I was super impressed by the range. It was really nice to be able to be away from FOH and change the break music on the fly.

Or, if you don't want to spend that much on playback PLUS a mixer, I've also had good luck with the Bluetooth on the Denon DN-410X mixer, and it also specs that the Bluetooth range is 100'. Alesis also makes a similar mixer (well, I'm guessing both companies probably have the same OEM), and it performs well too. The rackmount format might not be ideal for your situation though.
Brian Adams
Adams Production Services
Vermillion, SD
adamsproductionservices.com

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2017, 05:54:01 PM »

If you don't need the actual mixing capabilities, there a re several products on the market which would work great with the DXRs.
These are home audio BT adapters that output via 1/8 phone plug (earbuds).
Use a 1/8 to RCA adapter into the DXR and you're done, other than the crossover cable.
The DXRs get ridiculously loud and sound great.

Here are a couple of option I have used.  They both work fine.
Bluetooth

bluetooth2

You could also go Chromecast and feed your music wirelessly, which is much higher quality.  That way you can serve any music on your computer also.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 06:00:23 PM by Dave Garoutte »
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Yoandry Garcia

• Naples, FL
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 05:56:58 PM »

I'm not going to get into the speaker debate, but I can tell you that RCF makes great sounding speakers and I'm sure you'd be happy with them.

I came here to talk about the Bluetooth part of your needs, and mention that I recently bought a Denon DN300Z. It's fantastic. It's a CD player, AM/FM radio, plays from USB and SD cards, and has Bluetooth. The specs say the Bluetooth range is 100', and I can attest to that, since I had it at FOH and I could run playback from my phone while on stage at an outdoor festival, about 100' away from FOH. It got a little glitchy when I'd accidentally take my phone behind the stage, but overall I was super impressed by the range. It was really nice to be able to be away from FOH and change the break music on the fly.

Or, if you don't want to spend that much on playback PLUS a mixer, I've also had good luck with the Bluetooth on the Denon DN-410X mixer, and it also specs that the Bluetooth range is 100'. Alesis also makes a similar mixer (well, I'm guessing both companies probably have the same OEM), and it performs well too. The rackmount format might not be ideal for your situation though.

Yeah, the rack one wont be ideal for me as it is just for my pool area and it will need the mixer either way. A mixer already with BT or a BT adapter that connects to the mixer will be fine. I do also love Denon, heck I do have a Denon X6200W AVR for my home theater rocking 7.2.3 Klipsch speakers for Dolby Atmos and DTS: X  ;)

Yoandry Garcia

• Naples, FL
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 06:04:06 PM »

If you don't need the actual mixing capabilities, there a re several products on the market which would work great with the DXRs.
These are home audio BT adapters that output via 1/8 phone plug (earbuds).
Use a 1/8 to RCA adapter into the DXR and you're done, other than the crossover cable.
The DXRs get ridiculously loud and sound great.

Here are a couple of option I have used.  They both work fine.
Bluetooth

bluetooth2

Yes, I actually have one of those RCA BT adapters"Logitech" on my current outside old Sony system. I indeed want to be able to stream via BT but also have the option from the mixer with a laptop or something. The mixers are not to pricey so I can spend $200 for one.

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »

Yes, I actually have one of those RCA BT adapters"Logitech" on my current outside old Sony system. I indeed want to be able to stream via BT but also have the option from the mixer with a laptop or something. The mixers are not to pricey so I can spend $200 for one.
If you go the wireless receiver route, you can stream from your laptop or phone.
Or look at Bluesound.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Peter Morris

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 06:34:06 PM »

Hi Guys,
Been searching around forums about some good PA speakers.
Not for djing or any business at the moment but I want power and quality for my pool area. I'm more setup for the RCF art7 serie or QSC k12. I haven't see any new thread on the RCF lately, what's the deal. is rcf dead?
Budget around $2k.
Pair of active powered speakers with pole stands, cables and a $200  4-8ch mix console + the BT adapter.
Main factor is, I'm not going to use subs, so I need a good monitors that give good amount of base. Either 15" or 12" woofer, I guess 15" will give a better lows.
The new RCF ART7 MK4 is already out but is way to much for the 15". I'm looking on ProAudioStar deal set.

Pair of RCF Art 735a + stands + cover + cables for $1800  The 745a is like $300-400 more for just .5 voice coil in the woofer and 4" in the highs. Is that worth it? Also what does anyone have a comparative test between the the one old ones I posted and the new 735a mk4?  Thanks 

RCF have just introduced FIR filtering (FiRPHASE) into their plastic box range.  I would check out the new series with this feature. Our TT22aMK2’s have this and it does work like they say – they sound great.

http://www.fohonline.com/news/16955-rcf-firphase-introduces-a-new-approach-on-linearity-for-loudspeakers.html

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2017, 06:34:06 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 24 queries.