ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most compact body pack/ head worn mic  (Read 1387 times)

Ryan C. Davis

• SL,UT
Most compact body pack/ head worn mic
« on: July 31, 2017, 02:06:37 pm »

Hi All,

I recently (march) completed an installation for a "spin" facility. Leaving the other details of the system aside we sold them a Shure QLXD with an SM31FH headworn mic (http://www.shure.com/americas/products/microphones/sm/sm31fh). The QLX system has been great but they don't love the headworn mic and keep asking me if theres a better solution. What they really want is something totally wireless like a bluetooth mic with no bodypack. They don't like the wire to the body pack or the body pack itself all that much. I'm outta ideas and wondering if anyone has experience with this type of need. I think the current mick doesn't fit the instructors all that well so in my mind there are at least a couple of "tiers" of solutions.

1. replace the mic with something really low profile like a countryman, but I don't know how well the countryman would hold up to the sweat.

2. replace entire wireless setup with something that offers a smaller body pack (not ideal for me, I like the quality of the Shure unit).

or 3. (cheesy alert) I could totally connect a bluetooth RX to the QLX body pack but I cringe thinking about this. Just not a high grade solution in my mind and I think the mic response would be terrible compared to the shure mic. This is my last choice even though it most closely matches what they want.

ideas? Thanks in advance.
Ryan Davis

Daniel Levi

Re: Most compact body pack/ head worn mic
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 03:03:56 pm »

The only one I can think of that has no actual bodypack is made by Samson although I forget what model and it most certainly won't be the same quality if that matters.
Edit: http://www.samsontech.com/fitness/

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 03:11:27 pm by Daniel Levi »

Don T. Williams

• Midas Pro 1 & 2, M32, dbTech T12, T8, S30, DM12
    • Q Systems Music & Sound
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:44:23 pm »

The only one I can think of that has no actual bodypack is made by Samson although I forget what model and it most certainly won't be the same quality if that matters.
Edit: http://www.samsontech.com/fitness/

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

The Samson Airline Micro has it's "pack" wore behind the ear (like a big hearing aid) with a flexible boom mic attached.  They actually don't sound bad (it's no DPA) but a $250.00 street price for the entire system, it's reasonable.  I sell a lot of them to churches with no problems reported.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 03:44:23 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.