ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Micro nightclub/PA install advice  (Read 2257 times)

Andrew Burke

Micro nightclub/PA install advice
« on: July 30, 2017, 02:45:32 PM »

Hi All
This is my first post I hope its in the right place
I need some advice from the pro's, Ive been given the task of turning our garage (UK size) into a nightclub for my young daughter and her friends.
Ive been a domestic hifi enthusiast for 30+ years but need to go down the pro route for this as the system will be installed in our garage and also be portable for garden/house parties at other venues.
Using google and ebay Ive bought an American Audio Tri-Pac active sub and 2 8+1's tops...... sounds awful !!!
Then bought a pair of logic systems IS12's and a QSC1450 amp.....sounds awful (no bass)!!!!
I am trying to put something together which sounds very clear, accurate and has the abilty to go very low for house music, All from used equipment.
Can i mix and match here?? will a big system sound awful in a garage and a small system sound bad in a large open space??
Ive looked at mini Funk1 and void systems and currently looking at turbo TXD 15tops 18bins on gumtree have to buy amp processing later
Budget initially £1500
Any thoughts ??

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
Re: Micro nightclub/PA install advice
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 12:42:38 AM »

Welcome, Andrew. You should also look at the "LAB Lounge" sub-forum as your set up would be similar to a pub (or so I imagine). UK garage size -- would that be about 3.5m x 5.5m?  How big a space for a garden party?

I respectfully suggest that one subwoofer (perhaps a JBL PRX 718s) and one top (like a Yamaha DSR 112) might be a good starting point. Both are active (self-powered) and have pretty darn good DSP and limiting. The sub has a good cross-over, so you won't need any external processing. I am guessing that is approximately your budget for new or very lightly used.  Make sure that you can get the top speaker elevated and pointing down to direct the energy down to where your listeners/dancers will be. You can sell the gear you already purchased and that will help with the budget.

It may sound like hearasy to not run a stereo system, but a single good speaker will sound way better than a pair of so-so (or worse) speakers.  There are lots of threads discussing that point, if you are interested.

Good luck, and have fun.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:58:38 PM by Mark Cadwallader »
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 04:19:00 PM »

Welcome, Andrew. You should also look at the "LAB Lounge" sub-forum as your setup would be similar to a pub (or so I imagine). UK garage size -- would that be about 3.5m x 5.5m?  How big a space for a garden party?

I respectfully suggest that one subwoofer (perhaps a JBL PRX 718s) and one top (like a Yamaha DSR-12) might be a good starting point. Both are active (self-powered) and have pretty darn good DSP and limiting. The sub has a good cross-over, so you won't need any external processing. I am guessing that is approximately your budget for new or very lightly used.  Make sure that you can get the top speaker elevated and pointing down to direct the energy down to where your listeners/dancers will be. You can sell the gear you already purchased and that will help with the budget.

It may sound like hearasy to not run a stereo system, but a single good speaker will sound way better than a pair of so-so (or worse) speakers.  There are lots of threads discussing that point, if you are interested.

Good luck, and have fun.

I agree. One Yamaha DSR112 & a Yorkville LS800/801p sub would be all you would need and would sound great for the music you want to play. Loud & clear, with lots of bass, for a reasonable price.
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 04:19:00 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.