ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any experience with OAP PX-1560?  (Read 1479 times)

Tracy Stewart

Any experience with OAP PX-1560?
« on: August 20, 2017, 07:23:09 AM »

I am looking at purchasing 4 of these monsters for my outdoor shows.  They are very heavy but I think they will do well with long throw.  I am using RCF EVOX-12 mains right now but just need a little more umph for the larger audiences.  Does anyone have any experience with these or any of the OAP line?  What amps would I need to run on them?  Thanks for the input.

Tim Weaver

• College Station, Texas
    • Daniela Weaver Photography
Re: Any experience with OAP PX-1560?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 10:38:43 AM »

There's nothing special about them, but there's nothing really wrong either. They are very basic speakers. Built kinda decently, with *I think* Eminence drivers. They typically have plywood cabinets. Not sure if it's Birch or just pine.
Bullwinkle: This is the amplifier, which amplifies the sound. This is the Preamplifier which, of course, amplifies the pree's.

Chris Lave

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 04:47:18 PM »

I've used the OAP V-3000s (like EAW 650) and TR-218 subwoofers for quite a few years. In addition, used their products for installs at churches. Products are solid and good bang for the buck if you are not concerned with meeting riders.  From my understanding the company can install Powersoft amp modules in their boxes, YMMV, but give them a call.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 04:47:18 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 25 queries.