ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: K array 402 or what else?  (Read 12899 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
K array 402 or what else?
« on: July 28, 2017, 05:45:51 PM »

A forum search isn't returning much on this topic.  Who's making tall, skinny arrays that make clients happy about not looking like speakers but still performing like speakers ?  K Array is the only one that comes to mind but I have to think that someone else is producing products in that market.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: K array 402 or what else?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 06:30:35 PM »

More silly shit from clients... until it can be turned into a premium-priced line item on the invoice. ;) 8)

Blose?  JBL CBT (mounted to a pipe that fits in the subwoofer socket)?

Are you elevating them or do clients think that makes them too "speaker-like"?  I foresee coverage issues without elevation.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Diogo Nunes Pereira

• Barcelona, sometimes...
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 06:40:50 PM »

HK audio builds great performance equipment and I listened to this one a week ago that fits your request. It was reinforcing 3-piece band in a small plaza but the company who hired it does corporate stuff mostly. I totally understand it's usage in a small ballroom settings in events.

http://hkaudio.com/products.php?sid=15

Also, I'm very curious about L'Acoustics Syva... Colleagues who listened to it said it definitely sounds like a proper PA.

Enviado desde mi XT1072 mediante Tapatalk

Diogo Nunes Pereira
[email protected]
--------------------------
"I envy not those who own charriots, horses or land. I envy only those who drink water from every fountain." - Popular Song from Portugal

John Fruits

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 06:56:20 PM »

Do the Danley SBH or the SLS audio coplanar columns not fit the bill?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:38:07 PM by John Fruits »
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 08:30:17 PM »

Renkus-Heinz Iconyx.
Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 08:45:47 PM »

Make up some skinny boxes, deploy them in front of some pipe and thin drape, then set up some real, already paid for professional sound gear behind the scrim.  Best of both worlds.

Or you could go old school and use JF80's...or for voice only, EV or University LR2a's or LR4's if you want to throw them a curve.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:58:32 PM by dick rees »
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Thomas Le

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 10:19:55 PM »

Renkus-Heinz Iconyx.

Ehh, as much hoopla I've read from this line, I'm not too impressed with the product. It's more of another Bose stick. My observations are from the install side.

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 10:22:15 PM »

Ehh, as much hoopla I've read from this line, I'm not too impressed with the product. It's more of another Bose stick. My observations are from the install side.

Ditto.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 10:42:36 PM »

So you've read about it, eh?  If you think this is simply another stick, you haven't read very well.  Since when are the Bose sticks steerable?

The RH stuff is in another league entirely.  I've experienced what it can do in some incredibly unfriendly acoustic environments with stunning success.
If you've not been able to get good sound and coverage with them either you haven't used them properly or you've simply chosen the wrong product for the job.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 11:01:38 PM »

The new JBL EON ONE looks interesting, but I only know what I've seen on the interwebs.

But that little rabbit hole led me back to JBL and Intellavox - I'd forgotten they were acquired by Harman.  What's your client tolerance for tall and skinny?  With discreet mounting I think there are a couple of CBT models that might be useful, too.

Rilely, your operators on these events?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 11:01:38 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.