ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ETC Congo Jr console  (Read 6692 times)

sbjacob

ETC Congo Jr console
« on: July 26, 2017, 01:56:45 AM »

Anyone use these and what do good used ones go for? Thanks
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:00:21 AM by Ara Ayrassian »
DANLEY SM96, TH118'S , BS412 OS80 ,GH60

Tom Provenza

Re: ETC Congo Jr console
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:40:00 AM »

Anyone use these and what do good used ones go for? Thanks

Appears to be a lighting console, so your question would be better answered in the lighting forum.
------------------

Tom Provenza

Cailen Waddell

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 07:25:52 AM »

They are more popular in Europe than the US.  As such it may be harder to get their true value here on the used market. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:31:37 AM »

Yep, I own and use the Congo Kid variant of the console. They're not terribly popular in the States but I like mine.  Used...probably somewhere between 6 and 8k if you're talking the console with the fader wing, but it's really only worth what someone is willing to pay for it! Good luck with the sale!

John Fruits

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 08:30:24 AM »

It also depends on how old it is.  It is a matter of which operating system it is using, older versions were XP and the newer versions are Win7.  It would be worth a call to ETC with the serial number to see if it can run Cobalt.  I couldn't find any currently for sale at the usual places, however usedlighting.com DID have one with fader wing for sale for $ 2395 but it looks like it sold already.
"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.  There's also a negative side."-Hunter S. Thompson

sbjacob

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 03:08:18 PM »

Yep, I own and use the Congo Kid variant of the console. They're not terribly popular in the States but I like mine.  Used...probably somewhere between 6 and 8k if you're talking the console with the fader wing, but it's really only worth what someone is willing to pay for it! Good luck with the sale!

Thanks I was looking to buy it the units are at the local university $1200 for both consoles.

richard_cooper

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 05:43:14 PM »

It also depends on how old it is.  It is a matter of which operating system it is using, older versions were XP and the newer versions are Win7.  It would be worth a call to ETC with the serial number to see if it can run Cobalt.  I couldn't find any currently for sale at the usual places, however usedlighting.com DID have one with fader wing for sale for $ 2395 but it looks like it sold already.

IIRC any Congo console can run the Cobalt software, but the XP versions are certainly getting long in the tooth and only support one brand (if not model) of touch screen.

Thanks I was looking to buy it the units are at the local university $1200 for both consoles.

Depending on condition that could be a steal!

sbjacob

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »

IIRC any Congo console can run the Cobalt software, but the XP versions are certainly getting long in the tooth and only support one brand (if not model) of touch screen.

Depending on condition that could be a steal!

Hmm well the photo's above are of the actual units so they are in excellent condition .

Dave Garoutte

• San Rafael, CA
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 07:29:35 PM »

There's a recent review in the PSW product review forum.
Nothing can be made idiot-proof; only idiot resistant.

Events.  Stage, PA, Lighting and Backline rentals.
Chauvet dealer.  Home of the Angler.
Inventor.  And now, Streaming Video!

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »

Hmm well the photo's above are of the actual units so they are in excellent condition .

And they look good, yes, but there are other factors that would affect the fair market price as already alluded to.  How old is the unit?  Is it running Cobalt or the obsolete Congo software.  Are there any peripherals included such as a case, monitor(s), etc.  All these things will influence the kind of money you can expect to get for this.  Most importantly, can you find a buyer?  As I discussed a little in my Congo Kid Review (thanks for the shoutout Dave), Congo/Cobalt desks are a rather niche console that doesn't see the widespread use and industry acceptance that products such as the IONs, Hogs, and GrandMAs do.  To the right person you could get a fancy sum, but it might take a little time and advertising to find them.  Good luck though!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.