ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tascam cd player question  (Read 2310 times)

Alan Sledzieski

Tascam cd player question
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:37:10 PM »

I have a Tascam cdrw900sl, I use it to record, then play cds between sets.  The problem is, when putting a cd in the unit, it has to read the table of contents for 10 seconds, change a cd the same thing, to big a delay.

Does the cd01u have this same issue?

I need something that I can put a cd in and not wait for it to read the table of contents, like a home cd player, just put it in and it plays.  Want a 1 space unit, rack mountable.  So hoping the cd01u does not have this issue.

Thanks
Al

tim.j.phillips

Re: Tascam cd player question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 07:42:51 PM »

I have a Tascam cdrw900sl, I use it to record, then play cds between sets.  The problem is, when putting a cd in the unit, it has to read the table of contents for 10 seconds, change a cd the same thing, to big a delay.

I need something that I can put a cd in and not wait for it to read the table of contents, like a home cd player, just put it in and it plays.  Want a 1 space unit, rack mountable.  So hoping the cd01u does not have this issue.

Thanks
Al

We have a cd01u in our theater and when you place a CD in the drive it will sit on the table of contents unless you give it an action ie stop mode.  What i usually do is insert the cd then immediately hit play/pause and it will go right to the first track and wait for you, or play it depending on what you have pressed.  You can also insert the CD and press seek to go to the track you want.  The CD could take 3 maybe 4 seconds from insert to play.  10 seconds to read a CD is a bit long in my own opinion but i think any CD player is gonna have maybe 3-4 seconds from insert CD to play.  I forget if the cd01u comes in an cdrw version where you can write to it. 

hope this helps

-Tim
Yes, I really do know what all these buttons do

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 08:16:31 PM »

We have a cd01u in our theater and when you place a CD in the drive it will sit on the table of contents unless you give it an action ie stop mode.  What i usually do is insert the cd then immediately hit play/pause and it will go right to the first track and wait for you, or play it depending on what you have pressed.  You can also insert the CD and press seek to go to the track you want.  The CD could take 3 maybe 4 seconds from insert to play.  10 seconds to read a CD is a bit long in my own opinion but i think any CD player is gonna have maybe 3-4 seconds from insert CD to play.  I forget if the cd01u comes in an cdrw version where you can write to it. 

hope this helps

-Tim

I load CD's into my old TASCAM player by pressing the "pause" key which acts as a "cue" button.  That's the quickest way I know to get the CD ready to go, but it still takes a couple of seconds.  Pushing the tray in or using other buttons such as the "open/close" button takes a lot longer to get ready to go.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »

Thanks
Al

Only reason I carry a rack to weddings is to take the CD01U
Why?
It's fast and reliable.

It will not record CD's.  Just a player.

I wish my little disc-man style portable CD player was 1/2 as fast.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 08:30:25 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.