ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WWB6 "More Frequencies" option with Sennheiser  (Read 2861 times)

Thomas Rundle

• Sounds Corporate.
WWB6 "More Frequencies" option with Sennheiser
« on: July 16, 2017, 03:41:32 PM »

Hi All,

Long time lurker but first time poster.

Been putting a job together today which required a reasonable amount of channels of RF but not ground breaking (8 UFHR in H4E, 10 EW300 G3 in GB and 8 UFHR in K4E) and I was trying to squeeze this into 4 TV channels, (27, 39, 40 and 44) but WWB wasn't having any of it. Thought I was going mad but forgot about the More frequencies option, and naturally this worked, 26 channels into 4 TV bands.

I have actually put the frequencies through a 3rd party intermod calculator and all came up dandy, but I just had a lingering thought later in the day.

My question is - Is it safe to use the More Frequencies option in Shure's software with a non Shure product? I appreciate the GB band dosn't exist by default in WWB6 so it was created by cloning an A band unit and then re-inputting the tuning range - Is that all that is required to make a GB band unit?! It seems to simple...

Help me put my mind at ease!

Thanks in advance.

(PS, UK based)
Trundle - UK

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: WWB6 "More Frequencies" option with Sennheiser
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 04:06:39 PM »

Hi All,

Long time lurker but first time poster.

Been putting a job together today which required a reasonable amount of channels of RF but not ground breaking (8 UFHR in H4E, 10 EW300 G3 in GB and 8 UFHR in K4E) and I was trying to squeeze this into 4 TV channels, (27, 39, 40 and 44) but WWB wasn't having any of it. Thought I was going mad but forgot about the More frequencies option, and naturally this worked, 26 channels into 4 TV bands.

I have actually put the frequencies through a 3rd party intermod calculator and all came up dandy, but I just had a lingering thought later in the day.

My question is - Is it safe to use the More Frequencies option in Shure's software with a non Shure product? I appreciate the GB band dosn't exist by default in WWB6 so it was created by cloning an A band unit and then re-inputting the tuning range - Is that all that is required to make a GB band unit?! It seems to simple...

Help me put my mind at ease!

Thanks in advance.

(PS, UK based)

Please go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real full name, as required by the rules and displayed at the top of the page and when you registered.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Thomas Rundle

• Sounds Corporate.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 05:06:00 AM »

Please go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real full name, as required by the rules and displayed at the top of the page and when you registered.

Apologies, must have missed this- been registered for a while so didn't spot it.
Trundle - UK

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »

(PS, UK based)

It's absolutely safe to use any IM software (that's written properly of course) with any analog CW RF product. RF propagation and IM math is brand agnostic. Additionally, Shure's bandwidth values for all the default model definitions are quite valid and generally produce good results. If anything, they remain conservative across the three ranges. However, other external factors that IM programs can't necessarily account for may affect actual performance: unaccounted for adjacent and co-channel users; high RF noise floor; antenna type and placement; coax type, length and condition; etc.

Presuming the same model, simply changing the frequency range is fine, as long as within the sane general frequency band (UHF-TV in this case).
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 06:31:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.