ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Special wiring: balanced (stereo) to unbalanced (stereo) down 2 cond mic cable  (Read 3725 times)

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS

This?

I'll agree, for the most part.

The only thing that is questionable is if you should be tying pin 3 to shield on the output. This is going to depend on the type of output.

If I were trying this out, I would probably initially wire it up this way, then clip the jumper between pin 3 and pin 1. I would compare the two to see if there is any difference or improvement one way or the other way. As mentioned in the Rane Note above, which way is the best depends greatly on the output configuration of the source device.
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

David Allred

I'll agree, for the most part.

The only thing that is questionable is if you should be tying pin 3 to shield on the output. This is going to depend on the type of output.

If I were trying this out, I would probably initially wire it up this way, then clip the jumper between pin 3 and pin 1. I would compare the two to see if there is any difference or improvement one way or the other way. As mentioned in the Rane Note above, which way is the best depends greatly on the output configuration of the source device.

Is there an electrical or functional difference between these?  Your statement implies that there is.

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.