ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody using the Li-Ion batteries in Shure wireless?  (Read 9713 times)

John Koepke Jr.

• American Canyon, CA.
    • http://www.superiorlightandsound.com
Re: Anybody using the Li-Ion batteries in Shure wireless?
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 12:09:01 PM »

How are they holding up over time?

With the wireless repack I have to buy about 8 channels of wireless and was thinking about going to the rechargeables. Just wanted to hear from those folks who have been using them for a year+ and see how they're holding up.

I am what you consider a weekend warrior, I have 5 QLXD Shure transmitters in various formats from Beta58's, Beta87C, and the KSM8.  All of them are loaded with the SB900a batteries, not one fault yet.  As previously mentioned I don't have to remove the batteries to charge them, the mic just sits in the SBC200 chargers.  They are used as often as 3 times a week, 4 - 6 hour shows.  I keep spare AA's just in case, but have never needed them as of yet.  They are work horses.  Been using them for a few years now.  The BIG plus is I can monitor the battery estimated time remaining during a show, and if needed can replace during a break between sets.
"I gotta have more cow bell baby!"

John Sulek

• Toronto Canada
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 02:21:17 PM »

With the wireless repack I have to buy about 8 channels of wireless and was thinking about going to the rechargeables. Just wanted to hear from those folks who have been using them for a year+ and see how they're holding up.

I have 20 of the SB800 batteries on tour for an iem kit for over 2 years now with no issues.
Two of the 8bay chargers fit nicely in a 1u rack drawer.
Timed it out at rehearsals once and we got almost 8 hours of usable life.
I've used the Axient rechargeables a bunch on large events and they have been rock solid. These are rental house inventory of a major company so they see lots of use in all conditions.

darkchina811

• my homepage
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 08:03:30 PM »

I work on cruise ships with Shure ULXD. we use the microphones on a daily basis, and they are always on the charger.
we do rehearsal and they go back on the charger, then showtime at night and again they go on charger. basically we never fully discharge the batteries. I believe this is actually not really good for batteries, but still I have not had a single fault since two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciao,
davide

Chris Jensen

• Los Angeles
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 09:39:01 PM »

I am have 10 channels of Shure URD and 8 more channels of Shure PGX in a college campus meeting space and ballroom application.  Most of my stuff is run for not much more than 2 to 4 hours at a time but do get used daily.  I have been using the Ansmann stuff from Horizon Battery for just over 2 years now.  I have not had a dead cell yet however since my run times are not terribly long so I'm not positive that they are still holding a full charge.  I bought double what I needed and I'm still on the first batch!

I first tired the Ansmann 2850 Slimlines and they were too big.  They would get stuck up inside of the URDs.  After talking to Horizon they took them all back and traded them for the MaxE.  They are a little less run time but they are a tad smaller and they have a really long shelf life and last for years instead of the 2850 Slimline that have very short charge shelf life.

All in all, I went from about 1600 Procell AAs a year to about 30 of the Ansmann MaxE's for the last 2 years. 

Chris

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 03:23:32 PM »

I don't own any right now but I've used the Shure SB900 batteries regularly and they're brilliant. The highly accurate time remaining indicator is great. "3 hours" to an accuracy of 15 minutes is a lot more nerve-calming than "two mysterious bars". They charge up to 90% quite quickly and its great to be able to do that without taking the battery out. Absolutely wonderful for a long day of ted talks. I'll be buying for my ULXD soon.

Kristian Stevenson

• Lynchburg, VA
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 05:18:05 PM »

We currently have 12 SB900's for 2 different PSM900 rigs and have had no issues over the last year of 4 shows per week for roughly 30 weeks (around 120 shows). The batteries last for soundcheck and the hour long event and are returned to the charger post-show with 3-4 bars of battery. I haven't seen any signs of degradation over time.
Kristian Stevenson

David Hoover

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 09:19:14 AM »

We use UHF-R as well as Sennheiser 500 wireless.  We also have PSM900 in ear packs.  We have tested multiple batteries out there to find the same thing as you.  We found that the "Panasonic Eneloop" is a fantastic battery.  They last longer than regular batteries, plus they will last at least a year.  We recharge ours approximately 4 to 5 times per week.  We replace them every year.  This isn't because they are bad.  We do that just in case.  Now, the Sanyo Eneloop batteries are not the same.  The "Panasonic Eneloop" batteries are the ones we trust.  We have yet to find a 9V that works.  Let us know if anyone found a decent 9V.  We tried a lot of them and they all failed for our usage.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 09:19:14 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.