ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tricks for stacks  (Read 10679 times)

Peter Morris

Re: Tricks for stacks
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 01:30:19 AM »

Peter,

Would love to see a couple more pics of this solution!

Tom

Here are a couple of pictures of the prototype testing. Several improvements have been made since. The top pin in the (bottom) picture is shown not all the way through, just had to increase the clearances a little to make it work correctly or in this case swap the poles / subs around.

Its important that you have a substantial base to make it stable. The double 21" are 710mm x 750mm and the pole is arrange so that the load hangs exactly in the centre.

I'm not happy with the quality of the winch and I am currently looking for a replacement. I had to modify the one shown in the picture to get the worm drive to engage correctly  and weld the assemble in position to ensure its ongoing safety.

You can also remove the handle and use a battery drill / socket to drive it up and down.

The line-array is a single 8" + horn.  It is possible to get 6 boxes on it but the bottom box is around head height.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 01:42:00 AM by Peter Morris »

Peter Morris

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 01:36:39 AM »

another picture

Tom Provenza

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 07:02:28 AM »

Thanks Peter.
------------------

Tom Provenza

David Hoover

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 09:35:21 AM »

Any tricks you guys have for building tall stacks?   Let's say 2+ 2x18 subs stacked - gets in the 4-6ft height range.  How to get giant mains (100lbs or more) up that high safely?   I can't imagine OSHA is cool with standing on rack cases or the back of a truck. 

Thoughts?
Hydraulic lift table carts might help you.  You could even leave speakers on the carts with tie downs if you wanted.  They are a good for getting speakers up in the air a little as well.  They go up about 5 or 6 feet usually and cost 500 to 600 dollars

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 09:35:21 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.