ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Midas dl 16 snake.  (Read 2258 times)

Ed Jones

Problem with Midas dl 16 snake.
« on: July 28, 2017, 08:16:00 PM »

Was running m-32 through aes50 ports to snake. I had no sound. I noticed that the snake box had a bad electrical heat smell.  Of course I already know what that means. Board works fine, no problems running audio on direct outputs. So basically I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with Midas digital snakes.

Ed Jones
[email protected]

Brandon Scopel

Re: Problem with Midas dl 16 snake.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 08:17:33 PM »

Was running m-32 through aes50 ports to snake. I had no sound. I noticed that the snake box had a bad electrical heat smell.  Of course I already know what that means. Board works fine, no problems running audio on direct outputs. So basically I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with Midas digital snakes.

Ed Jones
[email protected]

Before anyone can respond, you must change the display name to your REAL FIRST AND LAST NAME, thanks

Ed Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 10:07:07 PM »

yep already handled. Haven't been on this site for a long while, had to re register . Put my original username from years back. Then seen the rule change. Thanks for the reminder

Speed Daemon

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 10:31:51 PM »

Ed, I can't say that my DL32 has had any problems, but IME the Midas Pro Series stage boxes (with the blue faceplates e.g. DL151) appear to be made to a higher standard of quality. I've had no problems with either, so it's hard to rank them based on no failures in a small sample, but it's at least an option. If your insurance company cuts you a check and you can afford to trade up, that might be an answer for you.

David Hoover

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 08:52:04 AM »

Ed, I can't say that my DL32 has had any problems, but IME the Midas Pro Series stage boxes (with the blue faceplates e.g. DL151) appear to be made to a higher standard of quality. I've had no problems with either, so it's hard to rank them based on no failures in a small sample, but it's at least an option. If your insurance company cuts you a check and you can afford to trade up, that might be an answer for you.
We haven't had any issues with our Midas snakes.  They have been reliable.  However, the behringer boxes seem to not enjoy being left on all the time.  We've been having issues with an S16.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 08:52:04 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 23 queries.