ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: "home" install  (Read 6798 times)

Craig Hauber

• Mondak Sound Design - Plentywood MT/Grenora ND
Re: "home" install
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 05:26:46 PM »

Those are all great suggestions. I'm also wondering about speakers themselves too. How do the QSC A(X) and other products like that work in a home setting. They tend to be more designed for wall mount which is fine but is the SI focused voicing something that is just in my head? Can you get good home audio with pro speakers? (I know that's a loaded question) I love a lot of pro speakers but I wouldn't for a moment think they are good for mid field listening.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't know exactly what you mean by "SI voicing"
-SI always means this to me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_System_of_Units

Anyways to answer your question, I've had high-end home clients rave about how "clear and better sounding" the ceiling speakers I put in for them are. 
They were just EVID c8.2's in black. 
Perhaps the consumer grade manufacturers are focusing too much on critical listening in a precision environment but don't accommodate for large spaces, cocktail parties and rooms that open-up to the outside shoreline like many of the high-end builds I've had to deal with.  Many of them resembled "commercial" spaces more than residential. 
One other aspect is that consumer stuff tends to be open-chassis, relying much more on the building type and insulation whereas the pro stuff comes with backboxes and is much more consistent.
Craig Hauber
Mondak Sound Design
-Live PA
-Installs
-Theatre

Lee Douglas

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 05:35:20 PM »

One other aspect is that consumer stuff tends to be open-chassis, relying much more on the building type and insulation whereas the pro stuff comes with backboxes and is much more consistent.

Speaking of this, local codes have gotten much more strict with the installation methods of residential systems. Many of them require that you have an 06 Journeyman license to install and an Admin for the business.  When they come around looking for your permit, you may want to have your duck in a row.
My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot...

MikeHarris

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2017, 04:23:52 AM »

The gorilla in the room is Crestron
It costs the same to properly integrate a $20k Denon system as a $200k Genelec. As most at Infocomm have seen they are waist deep in our side of contracting.
I see the going rate at $175 hr...so skip med school

Lance Hallmark

• Tampa Bay, FL
    • Hallmark Events & Entertainment
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 02:56:03 PM »

For high end Home Theater speakers, don't forget JTR:
http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio.html
----------------------------------------------------
Lance Hallmark
Hallmark Events & Entertainment
Chamsys, Crown, Danley, EV, JTR, Powersoft, Yamaha

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2017, 02:56:03 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 26 queries.