ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clair 1 Series Wedges  (Read 11626 times)

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
Re: Clair 1 Series Wedges
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2017, 12:03:49 AM »

Yeah, that's less than I thought too. The amps are quite pricey although in line with an iTech 4x3500 (not saying not worth it, don't know). It's a hard call because I already have some 36 JBL wedges and several Crown racks. Also, with the Clair it seems I can fairly easily roll my own preset on my XTI racks if I go passive.
Buying the proprietary amps would mean a lot of infrastructure purchase that I wouldn't have to make if I didn't need proprietary or went with JBL VTX wedges or something.

It's a lot of weighing options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, lots of options.
I have used and like the ITech HD's quite a bit.  Have not done much with the XTi's so can't comment on them.  The iKON amps are Linea Research.  No surprise there when you see one.  They are an exceptional amp.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Nitin Thakur

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2017, 06:27:41 AM »

But not even close to the performance of the new Martin XE series.   ;)
XE500 is nearly twice the output capability of the 1.5AM+.  About the same frequency response, and, IMO a much improved coverage pattern with the Differential Dispersion characteristics they provide.

Lee

I quite love the Martin LE1500s so will definitely check out the new XE series. and if the amps are Linea Research.. that's a great combo there.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2017, 06:27:41 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.