ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VHF Wireless  (Read 2172 times)

TomBoisseau

VHF Wireless
« on: June 30, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »

I am going to need to replace my most of my wireless systems as they are in the 600mhz band.  I am considering purchasing Shure ULX-D systems in the VHF band, but am wondering if there might be any negative consequences that perhaps I'm missing. For instance, how do they deal with antenna length?

Also, if anyone has actually used the ULX-D in the VHF band, I would greatly appreciate hearing your opinions.

Thanks,
Tom

Jerome Malsack

Re: VHF Wireless
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 12:34:56 PM »

shure sells a paddle vhf type antenna but cost.  The other options are still around 5/8th ground plane, omni and such.

With the new add ins for battery,  management, and such you will have a better experience.  Remember we are packing more TV stations into a smaller space and some of the vhf will be used by TV as well.  Look at your area and sea what Frequencies are in use or plan to be moved into. 

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 07:35:47 PM »

If you aren't aware of it be sure to check out the current rebate offer from Shure.

https://wirelessrebate.shure.com/
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

TomBoisseau

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 09:41:34 PM »

If you aren't aware of it be sure to check out the current rebate offer from Shure.

https://wirelessrebate.shure.com/

Thanks.  That is just one of the reasons I'm considering them, although there are many other better reasons why I want to go with Shure.

Glenn Parke

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 09:37:16 AM »

If you do buy from Shure, make sure you save the shipping boxes from the new units. To claim the rebate, you need the UPC from the box itself. I'm not sure about the other manufacturers, but I'm sure they have a similar protocol.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 09:37:16 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 24 queries.