ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: T-Mobile 600MHz Testing Commencements by Market  (Read 31369 times)

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Cheyenne & Portland ME 07/31/2017
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2018, 01:05:26 PM »

Can someone confirm I'm understanding this correctly?

As long as I stay between 653-663, my Sennheiser wireless system will be fine?  (which is B-Band 626-662 I believe).

Yes, but no. The issue is more that the equipment you're using now will lose its FCC certification on July 13, 2020 because it will still be able to tune to frequencies within the auctioned spectrum, and operate at a power level greater than 20mW. So although you might operate only within the 653-663 MHz range if you have a Part 74 license, or 657-663 if you don't, and set your transmitter to 20mW or less, the equipment will not be in compliance with the new technical rules and thus you'll be operating illegally.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Jay Marr

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »

Yes, but no. The issue is more that the equipment you're using now will lose its FCC certification on July 13, 2020 because it will still be able to tune to frequencies within the auctioned spectrum, and operate at a power level greater than 20mW. So although you might operate only within the 653-663 MHz range if you have a Part 74 license, or 657-663 if you don't, and set your transmitter to 20mW or less, the equipment will not be in compliance with the new technical rules and thus you'll be operating illegally.

Thanks Henry.  I guess my question should have also stated.  Maybe my device itself is not complaint, but I can operate with a frequency range that is considered legal, so I should not have interference with (for example) T-Mobile?

That's certainly a situation that would be fine for me.  If the FCC wants to swing by the bars I play at to investigate my wireless mic...then shame on me and I'll accept the consequences.  But otherwise, it seems like I can squeeze for life out of my Sennheiser unit.

Henry Cohen

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2018, 02:39:46 PM »

Maybe my device itself is not complaint, but I can operate with a frequency range that is considered legal, so I should not have interference with (for example) T-Mobile?

Operating within the prescribed band (653-657, 657-663 MHz) at or below the correct power level, virtually insures you will not cause interference to, or suffer interference from, the adjacent channel wireless carriers, which is mostly not T-Mobile. Except for about a half dozen markets where T-Mobile acquired 600MHz LTE blocks A or G, it will be other carriers adjacent to the duplex gap.

That's certainly a situation that would be fine for me . . .  But otherwise, it seems like I can squeeze for life out of my Sennheiser unit.

It's likely not wise to state on a public forum your intent to flout federal regulations; low hanging fruit, steep fines and all that jazz. Neither action is condoned or recommended.
Henry Cohen

Henry Cohen

Re: T-Mobile 600MHz Testing Commencements by Market
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2018, 10:13:44 PM »

Latest T-Mobile spreadsheet of deployment activity, past and for 2018. As of Jan 28, 2018.

Updated as of March 28, 2018
Henry Cohen

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »

Updated as of March 28, 2018
FYI I updated the map on 4/5. Guys, it's important to keep checking on these. I see that they pushed back their Nashville deployments from Q1 to Q3. I doubt that it's the only instance of changes.

https://goo.gl/maps/d51MKdBxbRP2

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Scott Helmke

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2019, 05:03:53 PM »

Jason Glass

• CleanWirelessAudio.com
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2019, 09:32:43 PM »

T-Mobile sent out a fresh spreadsheet this month:
https://howmobileworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/FIPS-Notification-by-county-020519.xlsx
FYI everyone, my Google map is updated with this new info.

https://goo.gl/maps/d51MKdBxbRP2

Sent from my mobile phone using Tapatalk

Nathan McBee

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2019, 04:27:52 PM »

at this point in time, 3/19, what are the legal operating criteria for the 600 band?
If TM has deployed is it illegal to operate? I was under the impression that when they took over a market it was then void.

This of course before the loss of certification in 2020

***** i got my answer. this reply can be deleted
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 05:44:05 PM by Nathan.McBee »
Nathan McBee

Freelance Audio/RF/Intercom          
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nathanmcbee
[email protected]

Telesonix Wireless
www.telesonix.net
[email protected]

Jonathan Novick

• Alteros, Inc.
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2019, 06:51:17 PM »

FYI, a fellow from T-Mobile came by my booth and mentioned that recently they turned on 100 towers in They hope to keep that pace going too. It is a fast changing world out there.
When man makes something idiot proof, nature invents a better idiot.
-------------------------------------------------------
Alteros, Inc. - www.alteros.tech

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2019, 02:22:35 PM »

On Friday April 12th I worked two different events in the Los Angeles area.  On the corporate one during the day their wireless Telex com system was taking hits, even though it was working the day before.  Yes, it was in the 600MHz range and the production knew that it would eventually be illegal.
Then that same night as I was working as a local A2 for a first national Broadway tour they experienced transmit/receive problems with at least 5 packs, all in the 500MHz range.  Those packs had been working fine for the prior 17 days of their sitdown in Los Angeles.
The next morning I had to rescan my television because a few channels had moved. 
I think I experienced the T-Mobile deployment in one day.  The Broadway tour has their wireless racks hooked up via Wi-Fi to the vendor's server and receives updated scans of the area, but the deployment and channel move happened quicker than the vendor could update the channel frequency scans. 
So when the map says that T-Mobile is deploying on a certain date, believe it. 

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2019, 02:22:35 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 25 queries.