ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: intermittent sound from left channel on mixer  (Read 1303 times)

tom delduca

intermittent sound from left channel on mixer
« on: June 26, 2017, 05:16:53 pm »

Hi all, I am using a Yamaha GF16/12 mixer and I am getting intermittent static/crackle/cutouts from the left channel of my mixer (control room out -- headphone and monitors when AFL to stereo bus ) -- ONLY when tapping hard/pressing on certain areas of the front panel face.

The mixer arrived to me with crackly mute/HPF/pad etc switches, as well as intermittent sound from the aux sends. I opened it up and cleaned switches with deoxit, which resolved the problem, and cleaned/ reseated the ribbon connectors from the main board to aux outs, which solved that problem.

Now, however, I have noticed that if I tap on certain areas on the face of the mixer, the left channel will cut out or become static-y. The right channel appears fine no matter what. Usually if I leave it alone, it operates fine, but I would like to fix it if possible.

Is this a sign of a ribbon cable that is loose? Or some other problem with board, such as a cold solder joint somewhere? Any suggestions as to what to look for when I open it up again would be appreciated. How would I go about diagnosing this issue?

Any help would be appreciated, I would like to fix it if I can. I have the service manual/schematics if that helps.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: intermittent sound from left channel on mixer
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:23:54 pm »

Any help would be appreciated, I would like to fix it if I can. I have the service manual/schematics if that helps.

Please read the rules and go to your profile and change your displayed name to conform to those rules.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: intermittent sound from left channel on mixer
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 05:23:54 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 22 queries.