ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha R Remote on Mac OS solution  (Read 5632 times)

Kevin Windrem

• Sweet Spot Sound
Yamaha R Remote on Mac OS solution
« on: March 10, 2017, 01:24:33 PM »

As of version 4.10, R Remote is required to update Rio firmware. Typical configurations (including Auto IP and Static IP (Auto) do not work.

I discovered that with the proper IP addresses assigned by a DHCP server, R Remote works with Mac OS.

With a Class-C IP address (subnet mask 255.255.255.0), Rio IP addresses above x.x.x.128 work while those below that do not.

I set the Rio DIP switches for DHCP (2 down, 3 up for Rios -- Tios are different). This may not be necessary but I wanted to avoid Auto IP addresses.

Then, set the DHCP server to provide addresses of x.x.x.128 and above.

A reboot of the Rios was necessary for the new IP addresses to be assigned.

I do not know how different subnet mask settings affect the range of IPs that work.

I tried Auto IP, static IP (auto) without success.

I suspect that after R Remote connects, you could manually set an IP address in the range that works.

Rios use three separate IP addresses: one for Dante Primary, one for Dante Secondary (redundant mode) and one for control (used by R Remote). Control IP configuration is through R Remote so you can't set it unless R Remote connects. Dante Primary and Secondary IP config.

Some routers (like my Asus) show IP and MAC addresses for all connections so this may provide an additional troubleshooting tool.

Dan Currie

Re: Yamaha R Remote on Mac OS solution
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 07:17:11 PM »

I've updated firmware and dante using R Remote DHCP with no issues.
edit...Weird, I'm pretty sure this comment was from your locked thread.

As of version 4.10, R Remote is required to update Rio firmware. Typical configurations (including Auto IP and Static IP (Auto) do not work.

I discovered that with the proper IP addresses assigned by a DHCP server, R Remote works with Mac OS.

With a Class-C IP address (subnet mask 255.255.255.0), Rio IP addresses above x.x.x.128 work while those below that do not.

I set the Rio DIP switches for DHCP (2 down, 3 up for Rios -- Tios are different). This may not be necessary but I wanted to avoid Auto IP addresses.

I do not know how different subnet mask settings affect the range of IPs that work.

I suspect that after R Remote connects, you could manually set an IP address in the range that works.

Rios use three separate IP addresses: one for Dante Primary, one for Dante Secondary (redundant mode) and one for control (used by R Remote). Control IP configuration is through R Remote so you can't set it unless R Remote connects. Dante Primary and Secondary IP config.

Some routers (like my Asus) show IP and MAC addresses for all connections so this may provide an additional troubleshooting tool.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:35:37 PM by Dan Currie »

Geri O'Neil

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 11:39:48 AM »

I recently did the Rio updates using R Remote for the first time and using my Mac.

I couldn't make R Remote connect until I installed Dante Virtual Soundcard, which I wouldn't think necessary since I'm not trying to pass any audio. But R Remote connected right up once I did.

Coincidence? Or apparently it is necessary? Either way, updating was easy and straightforward

Patrick Lum

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 11:16:42 PM »

Many thanks for posting your solution. I had similar problems and corrected my issues using your information.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 11:16:42 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 25 queries.