ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best current WAP/Router for any consoles and Lab Gruppen amps these days  (Read 27101 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Best current WAP/Router for any consoles and Lab Gruppen amps these days
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2022, 10:56:57 AM »

Sounds reasonable :)
How do I bound the DHCP to the bridge interface?
If I understand this correctly, the DHCP will hand out adresses for both LAN units and Wifi units with this method?

Edit: Looks like it works when I add both ports to the bridge and set them to trusted :)

Edit 2: How do I set the DHCP range to start at a higher range than x.x.x.1?
I wish to keep the DHCP from distributing addresses below 100 in case someone plugs a d:live into the network...

Go to IP/Services/DHCP servers and change the scope to whatever you like.

The bridge  is a layer two device, so you have an Ethernet and a Wifi interface, you will receive DHCP broadcast messages from wither interface attached to the bridge.
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2022, 02:10:41 PM »

Go to IP/Services/DHCP servers and change the scope to whatever you like.

The bridge  is a layer two device, so you have an Ethernet and a Wifi interface, you will receive DHCP broadcast messages from wither interface attached to the bridge.

I found the scope, but there was no logical way to set a range that's not defined by the subnet mask.

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2022, 04:21:40 PM »

I found the scope, but there was no logical way to set a range that's not defined by the subnet mask.

You can't serve a DHCP range to a network that the device doesn't have an interface to (or a route). 

You are trying to serve a subnet outside the range assigned to the IP interface (you can create more)? 

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Helge A Bentsen

• Oslo, Norway.
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2022, 02:41:02 AM »

You can't serve a DHCP range to a network that the device doesn't have an interface to (or a route). 

You are trying to serve a subnet outside the range assigned to the IP interface (you can create more)?

Let me explain what I ran into :)

I added the DHCP to the bridge and added both ports (wifi/cable) to the bridge.
Both sides get ip address from the DHCP server in the same range and can talk to each other. I can successfully ping fron a wifi device to a cable device and back again.
But, I can't find a way to define how to set ip address range on the DHCP that's not defined by the subnet mask.
The default setting is 192.168.1.0/24, that gives me all the addresses from 1-254.
I can modify it by setting various breakers, for example /26 wich gives me another range.

But, I haven't found a way to say I want the adresses 192.168.1.101-192.168.1.254 as the DHCP range.
I can live with using the whole range as it is, but I'd like to keep it above 101 because at some point someone with a d:live will show up and connect to the network, and that can lead to interesting things happening to my network.. (been there, got the t-shirt).

Scott Holtzman

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2022, 12:57:36 PM »

Both sides get ip address from the DHCP server in the same range and can talk to each other. I can successfully ping fron a wifi device to a cable device and back again.
But, I can't find a way to define how to set ip address range on the DHCP that's not defined by the subnet mask.
The default setting is 192.168.1.0/24, that gives me all the addresses from 1-254.
I can modify it by setting various breakers, for example /26 wich gives me another range.

But, I haven't found a way to say I want the adresses 192.168.1.101-192.168.1.254 as the DHCP range.
I can live with using the whole range as it is, but I'd like to keep it above 101 because at some point someone with a d:live will show up and connect to the network, and that can lead to interesting things happening to my network.. (been there, got the t-shirt).

I am sure there is a way to do that, let me take a look.  I will take the router with me, I have a bunch of down time on a trip.

thx

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Rolando Saenz

i know this thread is old but just saw it,
and maybe you have found the solution , still i will chime in
you can define your DHCP range on the device who is actually providing the DHCP pool
do you have 1 or 2 devices ( router, access point ) or just one box who do the Access point and the DHCP work.
anyway, i just scroll back and looks like you have a mikrotik device as i read winbox
if you do , it is very simple to do what you want

by defualt mikrotik use  192.168.88.1, but looks lke you changed it to 192.168.1.x  so
you need to do this

1. Navigate to the Router Admin page at 192.168.88.1 (Depending on your LAN Setup) in your case maybe 192.168.1.1 ( or wathever IP you have assigned to your bridge )

2. Login with the provided username and password.

3. Click “Webfig” in the top-right hand corner.

4. Navigate to IP > Pool

5. Click on the Default Subnet to modify it.

6. In the addresses field, modify the range to suit (EG: 192.168.1.101-192.168.1.254)  -->i used those numbers as that is what you said you like to use in your example

7. Click Apply, then OK to save your changes.

so below 101 is for static, any other device that have DHCP enabled will get assigned an IP from 101 and up

i suggest that you assign STATIC ip's to all your devices, mixers, amps, etc
the only ones who will get DHCP will be the tablets , ipdas and or PC;s who connect to the WIFI and who are running the mixing app to control the board
and or fine tune the amps, processors, etc.

Altough i do not use mikrotik for live sound ( i use TP-LINK ) i use mikrotik at the office
as that is what the company uses
Best.
R.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 06:03:19 PM by Rolando Saenz »

Oscar Castro

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2022, 11:05:34 PM »

Hello,

Can somebody help with the details instructions on how to setup an Ubiquiti Edgerouter X and Unifi AC Mesh.  I need it to connect to m32's, X32's, DL32R's, etc

Thanks in advanced.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2022, 03:08:08 PM »

Hello,

Can somebody help with the details instructions on how to setup an Ubiquiti Edgerouter X and Unifi AC Mesh.  I need it to connect to m32's, X32's, DL32R's, etc

Thanks in advanced.

Hi Oscar-

You can't use wireless TCP/IP gear to connect the DL32 or other AES50 devices.  AES50 is not a 'route-able' protocol.  You CAN use wireless to connect the consoles to a remote control device like a laptop, iThing or Android tablet/phone.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2022, 03:08:08 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.