Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Console Connectivity Solutions

Best current WAP/Router for any consoles and Lab Gruppen amps these days

(1/12) > >>

Jeff Stielau:
Didn't see a current / quick answer for this anywhere.

Curious what others are using for the latest/greatest ( not breaking the bank ! ) Router OR wireless access point ( WAP ) for basic iPad control of their consoles  ( Soundcraft Vi1 & family ) in my case. 

May even need one for wireless access to the Lake Processors in our Lab Gruppen amps.

Seems the market is flooded with options these days.

Any advise appreciated !

Rob Spence:

--- Quote from: Jeff Stielau on June 25, 2017, 10:39:01 PM ---Didn't see a current / quick answer for this anywhere.

Curious what others are using for the latest/greatest ( not breaking the bank ! ) Router OR wireless access point ( WAP ) for basic iPad control of their consoles  ( Soundcraft Vi1 & family ) in my case. 

May even need one for wireless access to the Lake Processors in our Lab Gruppen amps.

Seems the market is flooded with options these days.

Any advise appreciated !

--- End quote ---

How big is the bank?

Lots of solutions at about $100.

I am building a few hundred dollar system for my festival work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Andrew Broughton:
I use 3:

WRT54GC - compact and portable, sits in the bottom of my bag and with me always. Good for short distances and very convenient. Saved my bacon many times.
WRT54GS - flashed with DD-WRT which among other things, allows me to up the power output to 250mW, so it has great range, but only 2.4G
Ubiquiti NanoStation M5 - 5Ghz long-range AP for more critical and long-distance usage.

Scott Holtzman:

--- Quote from: Andrew Broughton on June 26, 2017, 01:11:33 AM ---I use 3:

WRT54GC - compact and portable, sits in the bottom of my bag and with me always. Good for short distances and very convenient. Saved my bacon many times.
WRT54GS - flashed with DD-WRT which among other things, allows me to up the power output to 250mW, so it has great range, but only 2.4G
Ubiquiti NanoStation M5 - 5Ghz long-range AP for more critical and long-distance usage.

--- End quote ---

Increasing broadcast power only changes half the path.  The return path is often the weakest link in the chain.

Andrew Broughton:

--- Quote from: Scott Holtzman on June 26, 2017, 01:55:45 AM ---Increasing broadcast power only changes half the path.  The return path is often the weakest link in the chain.

--- End quote ---
Of course. Still get great range though. Certainly better when I upped it's power...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version