ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSR 112 failure  (Read 11532 times)

Stephen Kirby

Re: DSR 112 failure
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2017, 04:43:59 PM »

Is there a commonality to the age of failure?  The old A&H MizWiz/GL boards needed to have the ribbon cable connectors cleaned every couple of years.  If this becomes standard preventative maintenance on DSRs, then an idea of how long they last might help prevent embarrassing shutdowns on the gig.

Alan Norris-Elye

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 11:30:35 AM »

I have had good results, by using a contact cleaner, then "NO-OX" electrical grease on the contacts.
Some connections were done years ago, without having any further problems.
I find that, as I get older, I drink less, but use alcohol as an excuse for my bad memory, more.

Jay Marr

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2017, 11:47:08 AM »

I have had good results, by using a contact cleaner, then "NO-OX" electrical grease on the contacts.
Some connections were done years ago, without having any further problems.

On DSRs?  Or other units?

Steve Litcher

• MixMasters Podcast
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2017, 12:19:19 PM »

Just so no one panics over this, I've owned several dozen of these over the past few years. The only failure I've had has been recently when I noticed one starting to fizz and sputter a bit when out in the sun all day. It always worked fine at the shop afterwards so it took a while to troubleshoot but I finally started to notice a pattern. Anyways, Yamaha was aware of the problem, had me send the unit back and had it back to me by the end of that week. Working 100%. Yamaha service rocks if you do ever have issues.

We have 10 DSR112s and have yet to have an issue with any of them (knock on wood). For the money, they are truly outstanding.

Alan Norris-Elye

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2017, 12:46:05 PM »

On DSRs?  Or other units?
Mackie 1604, allen heath mixwiz.  Both had ongoing problems, that this seemed to resolve.  It is used to prevent corrosion between different metals in the electrical industry.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I find that, as I get older, I drink less, but use alcohol as an excuse for my bad memory, more.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2017, 12:46:05 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 24 queries.