ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha Ri8 Dante device ID  (Read 2109 times)

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
Yamaha Ri8 Dante device ID
« on: September 13, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »

My ignorance not being relieved by RTFM, I need some help in using the rotary dial on an Ri8 to correctly set the Dante device ID.  The Ri8 shows as connected in my QL1's Dante setup page, but the sync light on the Ri8 stays amber and I can't see and select the Ri8's channels.

There's no marking on the rotary dial itself to indicate what number is being used.  Is there a convention (e.g., straight up is zero, next click clockwise is one, and so forth?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Yamaha Ri8 Dante device ID
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 04:45:31 PM »

My ignorance not being relieved by RTFM, I need some help in using the rotary dial on an Ri8 to correctly set the Dante device ID.  The Ri8 shows as connected in my QL1's Dante setup page, but the sync light on the Ri8 stays amber and I can't see and select the Ri8's channels.

There's no marking on the rotary dial itself to indicate what number is being used.  Is there a convention (e.g., straight up is zero, next click clockwise is one, and so forth?

Are you sure there are no numbers? They will be hard to see as they are recessed behind the panel on the actual switch. IIRC zero is straight down. If you look at the network in Dante Controller you should see the device and its name will begin "Y0xx" with "xx" being the unit ID that is set on the switch.

Mac

Kirby Yarbrough

• SR Forums
  • Reston, Virginia
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:40:46 PM »

They will be hard to see as they are recessed behind the panel on the actual switch. IIRC zero is straight down.
Mac

Big thanks Mac, they were hard to see, and yes zero is straight down.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:40:46 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.