ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to buy casters? -- today  (Read 9169 times)

Frank Koenig

• Palo Alto, CA USA
Where to buy casters? -- today
« on: June 20, 2017, 02:10:27 PM »

In the past I used Great Lakes Caster, which I learned about on this forum, and was very happy. Great Lakes appears to have been eaten by a larger fish that is, at this time, somewhat dysfunctional. (One model I wanted to order had a broken page on the Website, and when I called they couldn't come up with pricing for another model, although pricing was right there on the site. Sheesh!)

I ordered from another outfit called Caster Connection. When I received the casters they were not the Colson models I thought I had ordered but some sort of cheap, house-brand knock-off, with the same part numbers. Two didn't even swivel properly.

So, so much for my sob story, where do you all buy your casters? I'm looking for small quantities -- say 8-12 at a time.

Many thanks.

--Frank
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- John Pierce, Bell Labs

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Where to buy casters? -- today
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 02:32:19 PM »

In the past I used Great Lakes Caster, which I learned about on this forum, and was very happy. Great Lakes appears to have been eaten by a larger fish that is, at this time, somewhat dysfunctional. (One model I wanted to order had a broken page on the Website, and when I called they couldn't come up with pricing for another model, although pricing was right there on the site. Sheesh!)

I ordered from another outfit called Caster Connection. When I received the casters they were not the Colson models I thought I had ordered but some sort of cheap, house-brand knock-off, with the same part numbers. Two didn't even swivel properly.

So, so much for my sob story, where do you all buy your casters? I'm looking for small quantities -- say 8-12 at a time.

Many thanks.

--Frank

We have used American Caster, who has a local office and warehouse.  Not always the lowest price but we're pleased to have local service.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Frank Czar

• Website
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 03:17:00 PM »

Give Penn-Elcom a try. They have a large selection of casters and any kind of case related hardware you may need.
www.penn-elcom.com
Frank Czar
Concert Works
Daytona Beach FL. & US Virgin Islands
www.concertworksvi.com

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 03:48:26 PM »

Give Penn-Elcom a try. They have a large selection of casters and any kind of case related hardware you may need.
www.penn-elcom.com

+1 for Penn-elcom Mike Pyle suggested we order them instead of the factory JBL casters and it was a great decision.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Bradford "BJ" James

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:28:02 PM »

I've also been happy with wheels and hardware I've purchased from P-E.
Proud Canadian dealer for Danley Sound Labs, A&H, Yamaha, QSC, Yorkville and more.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 04:47:46 PM »

Home Depot. Many types in stock equal in quality to some of the best.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Aaron Maurer

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 07:01:18 PM »

Another vote for Penn Elcom.

Brian Bolly

• DC/Baltimore and other Major Airports
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »

Arundel Caster.

http://www.arundelcaster.com

A-C is a small shop (local to me), but the owner knows his stuff and that's all they do.  The last time I went in to try and match a bolt hole pattern from a weird off-brand wheel to something Colson, he threw on his lab coat, pulled all the various parts from the shelves and put something together a-la-carte (this fork with those swivel bearings, that wheel, those axle styles).  It was exactly what I needed, and the service was stellar.

I've used Penn-Elcom in the past, and they're great, but I prefer to go to the local guy if I can.

James Paul

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 09:31:33 PM »

Michael Thompson

• Factor Audio
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 09:50:37 PM »

Many thanks.

--Frank

I've been using mostly Penn-Elcom as well.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2017, 09:50:37 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 25 queries.