ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: XLR shells shorter than standard? (or other options)  (Read 9098 times)

Mark Scrivener

• My Recording Studio
Re: XLR shells shorter than standard? (or other options)
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2020, 04:03:54 AM »

There are various brackets out there that will allow you to mount gear back further from the rails if you have the depth available.  A quick search led me to these:  http://www.rackmountsolutions.net/standoff_rack_extender.asp

I've seen others of a different style too.  That's probably your best bet if you can't use 90s.

I use these as well. In fact I have some in a Gator molded rack case - similar to the SKB. Works like a charm.

Sam Costa

• 408-849-6420
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 12:15:34 PM »

I am wanting to leave a few gear to gear connections via XLR with rack cover on for storage.  The rack is SKB / Gator style case with the standard 2" deep lids.  I don't want to use right angle xlr's if other options are available.
I came across these... Neutrik NC3MXX-WOB.  The description is very non-descript as to it's intended purpose.  Are these bootless connectors functional as is, or are they simply for people that have boots and don't want to buy more boots?
I think I need to lose at least 3/4", I think  Any other options?

I’ve been using these shorter capsules from Cable Techniques. They are a bit pricey but they are solid metal capsules and well built.
This is an older photo of my one of my older digital racks that I used on my mixbuss connectors, I’ve added 20 low profile connectors to my inputs from my snake and it’s nice and tidy.

Being a productive member of society and encouraging others to do the same.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2020, 02:05:33 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.