ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Clair 1 Series Wedges  (Read 11625 times)

Nitin Thakur

Re: Clair 1 Series Wedges
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »

Clair isn't the only one with a 12am emulation mode:

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/tour-sound/vtx-m-series#.WV0rX8aZO7o

But the performance of Clair monitors is phenomenal

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2017, 09:30:34 AM »

But the performance of Clair monitors is phenomenal

But not even close to the performance of the new Martin XE series.   ;)
XE500 is nearly twice the output capability of the 1.5AM+.  About the same frequency response, and, IMO a much improved coverage pattern with the Differential Dispersion characteristics they provide.

Lee
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:57:08 AM by Lee Buckalew »
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 09:06:03 PM »

But not even close to the performance of the new Martin XE series.   ;)
XE500 is nearly twice the output capability of the 1.5AM+.  About the same frequency response, and, IMO a much improved coverage pattern with the Differential Dispersion characteristics they provide.

Lee

I'm certainly willing to entertain them. The form factor is nice. They are likely twice the money if the Clair wedges, but that's entirely a guess.
I'm looking for a wedges in the sub $2500/ea range (dealer cost)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2017, 11:15:51 PM »

I'm certainly willing to entertain them. The form factor is nice. They are likely twice the money if the Clair wedges, but that's entirely a guess.
I'm looking for a wedges in the sub $2500/ea range (dealer cost)

If you are a dealer you should have new pricing.
I can't talk dealer price on a public forum but I am sure Brad Stephens could help you out.  He is Martin Audio's factory rep for Florida.

The XE series must be purchased as a package with iKon amps.  The XE500 is BiAmp only so two mixes per iK42.  The XE300 is capable of BiAmp or passive so you can get either two or 4 mixes per iK42. 

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2017, 11:23:28 PM »

If you are a dealer you should have new pricing.
I can't talk dealer price on a public forum but I am sure Brad Stephens could help you out.  He is Martin Audio's factory rep for Florida.

The XE series must be purchased as a package with iKon amps.  The XE500 is BiAmp only so two mixes per iK42.  The XE300 is capable of BiAmp or passive so you can get either two or 4 mixes per iK42. 

Lee

What's the "list" or "professional end user net" price?  The only pricing I've found online so far is in New Zealand, and with today's exchange rate the XE500 is about US$3500.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2017, 11:33:12 PM »

What's the "list" or "professional end user net" price?  The only pricing I've found online so far is in New Zealand, and with today's exchange rate the XE500 is about US$3500.

XE300 is $2440.00 retail and XE500 is $3294.00 retail.
iK42 amp runs $8250.00 retail and includes full DSP capability, AES, DANTE, and analogue input capabilities and rides on the VueNet network, same as MLA, CDD-LIVE and others in the newer lines. 

There is nothing published that I know of between dealer and retail and, since they are new, no real street price yet that I have seen.

Lee

Edited for price correction due to typing on my iPad.    ;D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 11:35:18 PM by Lee Buckalew »
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 11:37:20 PM »

iK42 amp runs $8250.00 retail and includes full DSP capability, AES, DANTE, and analogue input capabilities and rides on the VueNet network, same as MLA, CDD-LIVE and others in the newer lines. 

There is nothing published that I know of between dealer and retail and, since they are new, no real street price yet that I have seen.

Lee

Thanks, Lee.  That's actually a little lower at retail than I'd have guessed (NZ prices notwithstanding).  I'd love to hear these or the XE300 if you have a demo in the STL area sometime.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Lee Buckalew

• Classic LAB
  • St. Louis, MO area
    • Pro Sound Advice, Inc.
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 11:46:52 PM »

Thanks, Lee.  That's actually a little lower at retail than I'd have guessed (NZ prices notwithstanding).  I'd love to hear these or the XE300 if you have a demo in the STL area sometime.

Tim, where are you located, I see Wichita in your posts? 
I may have one upcoming for a demo at a venue.  They are demoing CDD-LIVE but they have not yet decided if they may want to make the jump in performance and price from CDD-LIVE to XE series.  This particular use would actually be for mains.

You can PM me and I'll let you know when you could hear them once they decide.

Lee
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

eric lenasbunt

• Bunt Backline Event Services, LLC
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 11:55:24 PM »

Lee

Edited for price correction due to typing on my iPad.    ;D

Yeah, that's less than I thought too. The amps are quite pricey although in line with an iTech 4x3500 (not saying not worth it, don't know). It's a hard call because I already have some 36 JBL wedges and several Crown racks. Also, with the Clair it seems I can fairly easily roll my own preset on my XTI racks if I go passive.
Buying the proprietary amps would mean a lot of infrastructure purchase that I wouldn't have to make if I didn't need proprietary or went with JBL VTX wedges or something.

It's a lot of weighing options.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 12:03:09 AM »

Yeah, that's less than I thought too. The amps are quite pricey although in line with an iTech 4x3500 (not saying not worth it, don't know). It's a hard call because I already have some 36 JBL wedges and several Crown racks. Also, with the Clair it seems I can fairly easily roll my own preset on my XTI racks if I go passive.
Buying the proprietary amps would mean a lot of infrastructure purchase that I wouldn't have to make if I didn't need proprietary or went with JBL VTX wedges or something.

It's a lot of weighing options.

We're big into Crown & JBL and for our immediate uses staying in the Harman ecosystem makes sense - and probably does for you, too.  Longer term it's about assessing where new business might be coming from and what differences in hardware come with it.  My Digital Crystal Ball® pixelates too much to be useful...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2017, 12:03:09 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.